Friday, October 05, 2007

Who Nose

The final week of tapering went like this ....

Monday - 8k easyish (around 5:15 pace).

Tuesday - 8k including 6k at (best that can be expected) marathon pace ie 5mins.

Wednesday - Cruisey 8k with JD and Eagle.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 6k including 10mins of 30/30s.

All seemed to be going well for the marathon on Sunday, not on target for a PB (3:26) but I felt I could get within 10mins of that. Yesterday I had a bit of a runny nose. Now I have a headcold, been blowing my nose and sneezing all day. I feel like crap :-(

Running this morning I could certainly notice the effects. Hopefully today was the worst of it. If not the flight to Melbourne in the morning won't be much fun. Neither will the marathon. I wasn't going to use my fuelbelt but might need to now to carry tissues.

Why do these things happen when you are taking it easy and not stressing yourself!

9 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Take it easy Tess. Sleep that ol' cold away (and remember the old adage "feed a cold...". Eat and sleep sounds like a pretty good prescription to me. Might just use it on myself :-)

Hope it all goes super-well for you. Enjoy that lap of the MCG!

Gnome

10:09 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Might be just from the smoke haze around Sydney and clears up when you hit Melbourne. Fingers crossed. Hope the race goes well and you get another sub 3:30.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes Tesso it makes you want to scream doesn't it? I also can pretty much put money on the fact that I will get some type of lurgy in my taper.

Try a few cups of honey and ginger with hot water that helps.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

SOrry missed you this week before you headed off!
We should do some research on this taper cold thing, seems to be so common...so for the pun.
Best of luck tomorrow!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Blair said...

Maybe you're so relaxed that your body lets its defences down?

Good luck in Melbourne.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Bennyr said...

That sucks, Tesso.

I hope you are feeling much better by the time this comment finds you!

Cheers,
Ben

9:28 AM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Sorry to hear about that, hope it clears up for tomorrow (Sunday). In any event, have a good one tomorrow. Hopefully we'll catch up.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

So sorry to hear that you are a bit sick Tesso. Fingers crossed that you'll be feeling 100% again by the time the gun goes off

Take care of yourself, get lots of rest & good luck!

7:39 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

ohhhh wondered why i hadnt read this but i think i was already in melbourne.
saw your time for the mara and congrats - looking forward to the report.
sorry i didnt catch up - davo said he saw u but thats as close i got to u.. and your germs!! ;)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home