Thursday, August 09, 2007

Everybody wants to work ...

..... no no not me!

So, why is this song stuck in my head? Might have something to do with having three months long service leave :-)

Which explains my absence from Blogsville. First up I was busy cleaning up my unit for my house sitter. Place looked so good I almost stayed. Then I had to pack. Then drive. Then settle in to my new temporary digs. And I had no internet access until now. But its just dial up which runs slower than I do.


*****


The last couple of weeks have looked like this ....

Thu - 4 x 1k. Times were 3:58 to 4:10. Not looking so good for the TT.

Sat - 32k (av 5:28 pace) with Mat & Sal. A great run, and Sal's first river loop :-)

Sun - 50mins or so with Toasty

Tue - 3k TT in 12:37. I think I talked myself into a shocker! At least it was 4 seconds faster than the last one.

Wed - lap of Mt Coot-tha with Mat, Celeste, Tom & Andrew. Tom & Andrew's first Mt Coot-tha :-)

Thu - my last PCRG session for a while :-( For some strange reason Pat thought I was leaving for good. I wonder what crazy (pregnant) person gave him that idea. It was sooooo much fun! I even got a giant card signed by everyone and a lovely pressie. I think I'll have to pretend to go away forever more often.






Fri - a lovely 50 minute run around Forster. What a beautiful place, I was tempted to set up house there until November ;-)

Sat - 8 x 500m efforts at Timbrell Park. Ran these a bit slower than I normally would (around 2:10 to 2:15 pace) but with a reduced recovery (20 to 25 seconds).


Hmmm, that 500m marker must be here somewhere ...


Sun - Annandale, Glebe, Pyrmont, Anzac Bridge loop. Kept on going until I'd notched up 70mins.

Mon - too lazy to do my long run on the weekend so 30k in and around the bay (av 5:27 pace). Very tough on my own - as much as I can't survive without my iPod give me my usual running buddies for company any day!

Tue - easy lap of the bay

Wed - weights and stuff at the little gym downstairs

Thu - 3k warmup followed by efforts at Timbrell - 4min, 2min, 4min, 2min, 4min, 2min, 4min (30sec JR). 2k warmdown.


*****


It certainly doesn't take long to get used to this holiday caper. Hopefully I'll catch up with some Sydneysiders soon. Perhaps if I could haul myself outside to run before 9am I might even bump in a few of them around the bay. I guess there'll be one or two C2S on Sunday :-)

18 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Looking forward to catching up with you this weekend & while you are in town :-)

Good luck on Sunday!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, that's enough! First Scott, now you Tesso - NO MORE HOLIDAYS (unless I'm invited).

Ok, back to work now.

(and enjoy your break!).

8:19 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

That's a good lurk - make out like you're leaving for good to get all those gifts.

You should hook up with Eagle for a few easy laps of the bay.

See you Sunday, along with one or 60,000 others.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

This month I clock up 20 years in my current job. That gives me six months long service. Now I just have to find a time when the boss will let me take it. Enjoy your time off.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are in Thydney? COOL! Hope to see you this weekend, and see you at the bay. We should catch up while you are in town!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey Tesso! Great to hear from you. The world just isn't the same when you are not blogging. 3 months holiday sounds so good. Sydney must hold some special attractions.

Maybe I will see you on Sunday. That would be pretty special for me.

9:22 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Hey, great to see you blogging again Tess - and great to hear about the extended holiday - and even greater to know we'll be sharing the same patch of sun on the cold bitumen this Sunday :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Ok I'll bring the flakes on Sunday. Yeehah!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

So you haven't gone for good? Clairie lied?

5:59 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Join the club! Except my 3months is rapidly dwindling. Shame you won't be in Noosa - was looking forward to catching up. Oh well, next time.

Good luck for Sunday - have a ball!

The reason i won't be runing the Noosa half is because I'm not fit enough and my training workload doesn't include races at the moment.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

As you know I've just got back (few days ago) from three days away. No internet access for me either, it's amazing how much can be packed into three days, especially from a training perspective.

Long service leave, I've got mine booked starting mid November, can't wait.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Half ya luck! enjoy it while it lasts ;-)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Bennyr said...

Have a great run on Sunday, Tesso!

Having read this post at 5:00PM on Friday during a sneaky look at the internet whilst at work I can empathise with having that song stuck in your head. I suspect I'll be humming it for the rest of the day now.

Cheers,
Ben

4:58 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

have fun in mexico.
and give spud a hug from me!
whats dial-up? ;)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Thanks for the update Tesso. Glad you`re not leaving for good. The PCRG wouldn`t be the same without you.

Drink up the time off Tesso and say Hello to all those Sydneysiders for me they are a pretty good lot!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Owen told me Pat's newsletter said you might not be coming back. Scared the crap out of me! Please giove all those Sydney CRs a hug from me.

We'll miss you at Noosa next week
:(

8:17 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

3 months long service leave! How nice. Don't run too much with all your free time!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

PCRG has been doing "Tess Ups" in your honour - up to 35 now...NOT!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home