Thursday, July 12, 2007

Easing Back Into It

Made the return to PCRG on Tuesday. I can't even say exactly what the session was, some 1 minute reps and some 30 second ones. Pat suggested that those of us who did the marathon take it easy so I did, and just ran the circuit around the Gardens chatting with a few of the girls. Fun :-)


*****


This morning at PCRG we all wore pink to show support for annual Think Pink Week and the Kim Walters Choices Program. Terry from 97.3 FM joined us for the warm-up and crossed live to air a couple of times. We made a stop at Riverside where the rest of the morning crew were broadcasting from.

The session itself was a mix of 4 and 2 minute efforts. The first couple I held back a bit and then ramped it up to about 75% in the second couple. Felt good.

Pity Pat didn't have his camera on hand, the boys all looked so pretty.


*****


I've more or less decided Melbourne Marathon (Oct 7th) will be the next one. I was going to do Sydney but this will give me an extra two weeks to train. And how good would it be finishing with a lap of the MCG. It seems stacks of Brissos are going, could be a good little party happening Sunday night :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger Peterhorse said...

Uh oh. you mentioned party. damn, now i will have to look at it seriously ;-)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Did someone say party :) Shame we don't get to see the boys all in pink.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Melbourne! Good choice. You'll be able to stay with Carol :-)

Will that be your first time to run Melbourne?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Great Tesso! See you there. Only the half mary for me though. It should be fun :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Ink Pink You Stink .... don't know why I came out with that one .... I think it was primary school .... good to see you running and recovering so strong this monring

9:09 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I had the same theory in 1993 when I ran the Sportsco run to the 'G' because we finished with a lap of the 'G'. I think the race was about 7ks or something like that. Got through somehow on no training.I thought you would go for Syd mara, with the current track record we are liable to be sent up heartbreak hill to finish next year.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Only 86 days to go, looking forward to catching up with 'you' northerner's. At least your training will be in reasonable weather conditions.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bugger, and I'd just decided that I WASN'T going to do Melbourne. Maybe I'll have to seriously think about Melbourne instead of Adelaide.....

12:06 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

pity pat. ha ha ha ha ha! pity pat. ha ha ha hah a

3:48 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Sounds like a good plan Tesso. Belinda and I will also be doing the Half in Sydney and Melbourne Marathon. Not sure if we will be able to stay into Sunday evening though.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes, I'm also looking forward to "All Tomorrows Parties"

I might just have my "song of the week" thanks Tesso. But on second thoughts not many can handle looking at Nico's eyes.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home