Wednesday, June 13, 2007

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday on the pgm at PCRG it was -

1k - 3:59
500m - 1:58
1k - 4:07
500m - 1:57
1k - 4:06

For those around me we followed this up with a 2 min effort. Then a handful of us finished up with a run up Gold Coast Hill before heading back to base.

My times for the reps weren't that great, I wasn't expecting them to be, but a slight improvement on last month. So I might be heading in the right direction once more. Tuesday's 3k TT will tell all.

*****

With an RDO today I didn't see the point in braving the cold for a 5.30am start. By 8am when I left for my run (a 12.5k green bridge loop from home) it had warmed up a fraction but but the wind had picked up. It made for slightly unpleasant conditions in parts, especially along the river.

That makes five days running in a row, the most I've done in a couple of months.

Saw Al the Pod later in the afternoon for a pre GC check up. He made some adjustments with things which will make me run way faster :-)

Saw Mark the Massage Man even later in the afternoon for a pre GC check up. He made some adjustments with things too - yowser!

*****

State of Origin :-)



My nephew about an hour before kickoff.

9 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

Geezas with "Al the Pod" and "Mark the Massage Man" on the job I'm expecting nothing less than greased lightening.

Much better than "Tesso the Tight", hammy that is, not tight fisted ;)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think I need Al and Mark ;)

Great game last night - ooooh, I thought Big Mal had almost shot himself in the foot by congratulating everyone a little too early there for a few seconds!! :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is, I WISH THEY WOULD TELECAST THE GAME LIVE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA! Very frustrating to get the hightlights (because I'm not staying up until 11:30 to watch the deleayed telecast).

Fantastic result though!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Glad the running is going well and all the bodily bits and pieces are behaving.

As for the football, let me just wish all Queenslanders the heartiest of congratulations. I am so very very happy for you on this occasion of your much-deserved series win.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

NOTTT!!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

not long to GC now!!!! will be great to catch up in person!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm sorry now.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like you've had the full pre-race service. I'm sure it will make the day run that much smoother!

Football references are lost on me I'm afraid. I clearly have some work to do before I'm a true Aussie!

6:25 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Yay, Queenslander all right! Great night wasn't? Current team reminds me of some of the great Qld origin teams of the past. Mel's done a great job.

Thanks for your most recent comments about taping and especially on the timeframe involved for this injury. It is the most frustrating injury I have had but judging by your comments it appears I could continue to run through it. It will take a while to heal though. I think the most frustrating aspect is that I have done little or no running since Boston over 6 weeks ago, yet the injury is still there!!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home