Friday, June 01, 2007

Do This Don't Do That

With many of the crew competing at Doomben on Sunday (half marathon or 10k - I've entered the half) Thursday morning's session was 30/30s followed with the monthly no-watch 1k. I nominated 4:35 for that.

The 30/33s were good, not too strenuous. As we were lining up for the 1k Toasty hunted me down and informed my he'd put down the same time as me, he wanted the opportunity to stir me for 4 minutes and 35 seconds. Luckily for me we were a tad ahead of pace and finished in 4:09.

Saw Adam the physio later in the afternoon and he says I can/should ...
increase the length of my runs - yay!
not to do slow runs as they seem to hurt more - makes sense
run every second day for now to allow for recovery - dang!
eat chocolate every day - I think I made that one up :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

You can never eat too much chocolate. It's great for recovery I am told. ;-)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Gee, that Horrie is one wise fella ;-)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Does that mean you can do 12 hour runs at 5 minute pace?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I drove past 'Chocolart' tonight. I should have stopped in. More chocolate please.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

mmmmm chocolate!! :) Good luck for Sunday.

8:17 AM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

oops ... hope i don't bring the 3:15's in under 3 hours .... somehow I think I won't have to worry about that.

3:02 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

There will be chocolate tomorrow if you are good.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Too late Tesso. I'm going to say "Tesso said eat chocolate every day" and she should know!

Congrats on being able to increase the length of your runs.

9:33 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

enjoy the weekend.
no kitkats for u!

10:11 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

do you have one of those things that lets you dangle chocolate in front of you instead of a carrot? you should get one. i'm sure the fizzio would recommend it.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Great to hear you can start building up your kms again. I think all physios should prescribe chocolate, it would make them so much more popular.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home