Thursday, May 10, 2007

Enforced Taper

Saw the physio yesterday arvo and he was so happy with how things are progressing and how strong the hammy is he gave me a couple more exercises, and made changes to existing ones to make them more difficult. But he wasn't happy enough to let me go back to my normal running program though and for the next week wants me to continue with no long runs, no short fast intervals and no hills ... whoops, did some Tuesday :-)

Oh well, the aim is to get to my fifth Warwick Pentath-Run and then the Gold Coast in one piece.

This morning's PCRG session was perfect as it was longer stuff - 2 x 4 mins out, then 1 x 8 mins (or however long it takes) back with 30 sec SR between effort. Not being able to do speed work full bore for a few weeks I was feeling like I was starting to lose the edge a bit and was rapt that for first 4 mins I was only a metre or so short of 1k mark without totally busting a gut. Not sure how far I got in the next 4 as it isn't marked. Slowed up a bit on the return journey, it took 8:11.

Its just 8 days until Warwick now, a bit more mileage and a few Mt Coot-tha runs would have been useful. I've set the goal to sub 3h30m which won't be a PB (3h19m in 2005) but a 2B.

12 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

2B or not 2B, that is the question!

Not a bad option Tesso, you're still going to need some lead in the pencil to achieve that time.

Anyway I reckon you'll get it, unless of course you slip on a banana skin and the you'll only get a B1 or a B2.

Too easy!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I really enjoyed seeing you this morning

8:44 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

As long as it's not a TJ.

(Total Joke)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I am chatting to a health professional in the morning regarding my running injuries. It is the first time I will speak to an expert about things and I am a little anxious.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck at Warwick. Hope you get close to the Warwick PB.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to catch up at Warwick!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Tesso, lucky you've got an event coming up, otherwise you'd go insane - no long, short or steep runs? Doesn't leave much!

Good luck with the weekend!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Seems like for some of us it's a case of having an injury management program with some running thrown in around it. you alwasy seem to to get through it so well tho Tess! good luck at Warwick and upholding of that reputation ;-)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Good luck at Warwick Tesso, not a bad PB you got there either!
Happy racing.

1:13 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good news on the progress - if you are not allowed to run it maybe you could push Clairie up Mt Cootha in a wheelbarrow :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

cu at warwick tesso!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home