Friday, April 13, 2007

Only One Thing Left To Do

Its with much sadness I write this. The father of a good friend of many of the Brissie running community passed away on Wednesday evening after a battle with cancer. Many of us here had the pleasure of meeting him and spending time with him just five or six weeks ago when he visited Brisbane to see his son.

My 50k will be dedicated to him and the wonderful family and friends he has left behind.

*****

Yesterday at PCRG was the final hit-out before Canberra. While the rest of the troops suffered with some long intervals and hills the six of us there who are doing the marathon/ultra just did 15 minutes of 30/30s.

Once again the Awesome Foursome (Mat, Kelly, Celeste & I) stuck together, with the Dynamic Duo (Wayne & Damien) flying out of sight before too long. It seemed to be the perfect session to round out our campaign. All that's left to do now is run the jolly thing.

Two more (non) sleeps :-)

Good luck to my fellow competitors. It sure won't seem the same without Robert Song though. And thanks to all who've sent good wishes my way.

Gulp!

15 Comments:

Blogger Isobel Harris said...

Best of luck Tesso!! Hope you smash the 50 :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck Tesso for the 50k. Your training has been excellent for this race. See you saturday.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Somehow you run well when you think about others Tesso ;)

I reckon it suits your personality and style.

Enjoy the race, I'll be thinking of you.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I was so much looking forward to the weekend. Say hello to Vera. I would have enjoyed reliving Womadelaide with her.

And all the best for your run.

5:03 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

"50k
"is a long long way-ay-ay
"but i've got to
"after training every day"

Let's SING that song, tesso.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

You'll be great ... let the fun begin.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Have a great experience Tesso and thanks for allof the lovely comments lately!

Hey a qu re 30/30s, I have three sessions that I commonly call 30/30s, 30 sec at 1500m/3000m pace until 1500 pace can no longer be maintained. 2nd version, 30sec, 10% faster each beep. 3rd version 30 sec at pace and the second pace is slower (recovery). What does PC call the 30/30?

8:26 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Go, Tesso, GO! GO, GO, GO!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO, TESSOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've been practicing. Just wait till you see me perform that one in my miniskirt and pom-poms :-)

Have an awesome weekend, and I'll see you there.

Gnome

9:16 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck Tesso.

Do it for the Titans.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

The Titans! Bull!

You must be enjoying your second last (non) sleep Tesso. Good luck for a special run.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Good luck Tesso. Have been, will be thinking of you.

12:29 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Hello from Boston, Tess (you're probably already in Canberra), but you don't need to "gulp". I am sure you will put in a great effort in Canberra and I will really be looking forward to your post-race report. You are always an inspiration.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do fabulously! *hugs*

11:34 AM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

sorry to hear that tesso.
just heard how u did in the 50km and congrats!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

With a dedication like that I'm sure it was a great 50K.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home