Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday Easter Egg 10k

THURSDAY

On the pgm at PCRG it was a steady run followed by the no-watch 1k thing. For the steady run bit there was a little pack of us with Clairie at the helm for most of the way setting a good pace (around 5:15s I'd say).

At the start of the no-watch 1k I sidled up beside Mat to find out what time he'd nominated - it was 4:20. Me too! So we stuck together and managed to cross the line just 3 seconds too late. Close :-)


*****


FRIDAY

For the Easter Egg 10k I'd set myself a goal of 45 mins. Being just 9 days before Canberra I thought that would be a good hard hit out without going totally nutso. The course was a double out and back, and from the first turnaround at 2 1/2k I passed a stack of people, but don't recall being passed by anyone aside from one guy ... and he was pushing a kid in a stroller!

Got to halfway in 22:17 and heading out for the second loop tried to count how many girls were in front of me. It was around 14 or so, I wanted to hang on and try to finish in the top 15. I managed to get one of them at 8k. PCRG-er Keith caught up to me with about 200m to go and like all good training partners do we hit the straps together! I got past one more girl before crossing the line in 44:46 or thereabouts.

Very happy with that time, though it wasn't quite as 'easy' as I hoped it would be.

Not 100% sure if I did in fact manage a top 15 finish in the race, results will be out during the week. However, I know my team-mate Annie and I did make the top 15 in the egg tossing comp ... and this year I wasn't the one who got splatted :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

Nice work with the egg tossing comp. I do have a spreadsheet and graph with my times on it, so is easy to update. Records per k times as well for each distance. See you in Canberra next week.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

No watch for running.....I'd feel so naked......(btw, that's not a good look)

2:14 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

That's a fast time for this close to your goal race. If not "totally nutso" it's a little bit so from my point of view.

Anyway, what do I know, old Nic Bideau says that a hard hit out like that is just the ticket before your goal race.

Your a good egg.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Sounds like the perfect hitout before the big dance next week. As long as you pull up ok, then it's all good. See you next week.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to hear you didn't eggsplode and go totally nutso!

Sounds like you are on track for a good Canberra. See you there.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Great work on the Easter egg 10k.

I, like you, thought that NW 1K was a little faster. That's what we get for chatting while trying to run a bit quick. Hehehe.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home