Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday Music - 19th March 2007

Serena Ryder - Sing Sing (2004)

Woohoo! I just saw in the TV guide that Serena is a guest on Rockwiz this Saturday. Hope I didn't just ruin the "Who Can It Be Now" bit for anyone :-)

What a voice, and she's only 24 years old. She's just released an album called "If Your Memory Serves You Well", a compilation of Canadian songs from the past 100 years. It includes "Good Morning Starshine" from the musical Hair. I'm hoping that's what she'll sing when she's introduced on the show just so I can hear those classic lyrics ....

Gliddy glub gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba
Le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla
Nooby abba naba
Early morning singing song

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My TV guide claims it's Deni Hines on this week's Rockwiz. Hope they're wrong.

JD

8:17 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Tesso

I just went and found that song on Utube. Wow, she's good! And I really love that song.

Like most people at the time, my parents liked "HAIR" and it was, I think, some of the first music I heard as a child.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Someone wrote those lyrics?

I always sing out loud but never stay on track. My niece's Singstar is fun!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Just checked out the SBS website. Looks like our Sunday Mail is ahead of itself. Who said Qld was behind everyone else :)

Serena's on Rockwiz on March 31st.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I'll claim to rarely watch TV, but a little Iron Chef and Rockwiz are worth making an exception for. Diesel was pretty good but the ones they picked from the audience were the stars last weekend.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Wow, very mature sounding voice for a 24-year old. But then again, 24 seems so young to us and so old to 18 year olds.

I think the lyrics you posted sound quite deep and meaningful, well, compared to a lot of the reports I have to edit anyway.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Gliddy glub gloopy????

You are getting weirder than Toasty - and that's saying something :)

I wish i could play music at work.....*sigh* I'll take everyone elses word for it that she sounds good.

12:15 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Hey, they just don't write 'em like that any more! All together now... When the mooooooon is in the seventh house, and...

Gnome

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Hehe, I like the dancing egg :-)))

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home