Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Virtual Visit

Pat's today was in The Gardens and started off with 2 mins fast, 30 sec jog, 1 min fast, 20 sec jog, 2 mins fast, 30 sec SR. Then turn around and go back the other way doing the same thing.

Heading back on the second set I spotted this tall dude in brand spanking new 6ft Track top watching on. It was Brendan (CR Virtual)! He'd messaged yesterday to say he'd be in Bris so I let him know details of the session. He missed the start but found us after asking a passing cyclist up near the Story Bridge and he was able to tell him exactly where we were :-)

Anyway, he joined in for the rest of the sess. Which was great as I was ready to slack off a bit but pushed myself so I could hang in with him.

After the last two minute effort we had to run fast 2 1/2 minutes out and turn and run straight back for the same amount of time. Or so we were told. Of course Pat made us add a little extra on the end to finish at the cafe.

Brendan sure has recovered well from his 98k on Saturday, I'd love to know how he does it. If I wasn't struggling to breath I would've asked him :-)






I picked up my new orthotics later in the day. Al the Pod recommended alternating them with the old ones for a week or so until I get used to them, and to use the old ones for my long run this weekend. I couldn't wait to test drive them so hit the bike path this arvo for an easy 5k.

They feel a little different but comfy. And they are lighter than the old ones. After paying for them so is my wallet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Spud said...

Jeez he gets around. I went on a run with him this morning, the running slut. :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger TD said...

I get homesick looking at those photos Tess :( but great to see you made Virtual feel welcome at Pat's group - so typical of you.

8:24 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Yeah it is pretty amazing....

Nice work doing a double run day Tess - was it really because of the orthotics or did you have Brendan envy? :-)

9:33 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Amazing that he's up there running so soon after 98km on the track...must have had some interesting tales!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

"Al the Pod" does sound like someone who would take your money.

I'd avoid "Vinnie the Proc" too if I were you.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Did you swap shirts? Tell him he 'navigates like a girl'?

A bit slack he didn't do a 45k warm-up.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Pick'n up in the Gardens Tesso! That could be risky.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

Bloody tough crowd you lot are! Can't a runner turn up and run with a mate without being called a slut? Was great to see you tesso, don't worry about them they're just jealous. Cheers Brendan

7:39 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

You never know who you'll bump into eh?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Instead of virtual Bren, you get the real Bren. Neat :-).

Its good when we are honoured with running visits from far away lands.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home