Friday, March 09, 2007

We We're On A Break

My workmate Tom is in training for the Gold Coast Half and has done a few evening speed sessions with the Run Inn. But mostly he has been running on his own. We were on night shift last night and things were pretty quiet at work around 5.15am. So I thought I take the opportunity to squeeze in another PCRG session for the week and dragged Tom along. It worked out perfectly, we were back in the office before 7am ready for our shift handover.

On the agenda at Pat's was 4 x 2 minute efforts and 4 x 30 second efforts, with 30 second jog recoveries. As always what's on the agenda isn't all that's on the agenda. Thinking it was the last one I busted a gut for the final 30 seconds only to discover that we had to do more - a 1 minute out and 1 minute back. He always does that to us, how could I forget!

Tom was rapt with the session. We would have been pretty much neck and neck except for the fact that my recovery jogs were quicker. Unfortunately he noticed this. I was hoping he would think I was just really fast :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

After reading this "He always does that to us, how could I forget!" I couldn't get the Lucy and Charlie Brown image out of my head.

You know the one were Lucy keeps pulling away the ball when Charlie Brown is about to kick it.

Good Grief!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I thought breaks were for relaxing!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Heya Tess, thanks for your comments of late. Doing loops of a circuit is pretty tough mentally, but I've been so injury prone of late that I didn't want to get caught 12km from home hobbling. So laps it was. no choice really. :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Skipping work for running?! We all have to sacrifice something for our running;)
Pity I will miss you at the SHM. Maybe I'll do Warwick-Pentath next year!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mat said...

Hehehe. Last one, yeah right!

I'd never fall for that one ;-).

9:37 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Naughty girl. You'd never see me do a thing like that ;-)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home