Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Do You Come Here Often?

Surprisingly there was a big group at Pat's this morning. I expected with the completion the 12 week summer series numbers might drop until the Gold Coast campain starts in a month. I was wrong! And once again we had four or five new starters.

On the pgm was 8 x 1 minute efforts. I'm not sure how long the recovery was in between each, somewhere between not much and stuff all ;-) Being shorter reps Pat always seemed to be within earshot, encouraging us to work harder and yelling out things like "try to pick up the person in front".

The session was done at New Farm and so a couple of runs up 'Gold Coast Hill' finished it off. They finished me off too!

I think still feeling the effects of Caboolture, both physically and mentally. Its not often I don't feel like going to a PCRG session, it was a little bit of a struggle to get there today. Of course afterwards I was so glad I went.

Hopefully I'll snap back into normal action next week.


Tesso, Flashandy & Claire at BRRC 'Bring A Friend Day' (Feb 4th)

9 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Those efforts are hard work. When I am doing mine on Thursday on my own I will have to imagine Pat yelling at me.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tess, that was a huge run at Caboolture. No wonder you're feeling off the boil. Take care until you're feeling OK.

Great photo! Well, 2/3s of it anyway ;)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Hi again! Thanks - my right trotter is udderly beautiful... unlike Plu's left ;)

9:23 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Hey, Tesso, take it easy in your recovery. I'm thinking of you.

Pat is a great motivator as well as a great runner and being down here I really miss the opportunities you guys have to work with someone like him. He has a way of making us feel good even though we might be a little off colour.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

sorry i missed it Tess (NOT :-)). I have the opposite problem - wanting to get there but sidelined. Take it easy.

9:36 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like PCRG just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure you'll be recovered fully in no time.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Nice photo of a thorn between two roses ;-) (sorry Flashandy, I don't really mean that you are a thorn)

Don't worry too much about teh mental fatigue. It happens. You have a down period after a goal race and need to just clock off for a little while. You'll soon be chomping at the bit again.

10:18 AM  
Blogger miners said...

so you and Clairie only have one friend between you?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Pat's whistle was certainly within earshot too. Ouch!

I think we'll forgive you for feeling a bit spent after CD2D for a bit. Please do take it easy this weekend :-).

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home