Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Recovery Report

The Caboolture recovery is going well, almost too well. To be honest my legs always feel worse after half marathons, even after hard shorter races. Still trying to figure that one out. However, I'm erring on the side of caution.

Went to PCRG yesterday for a jog .... and to try to win the second last pair of sunnies up for grabs. It was raining and I figured most others would pike and I'd have a better chance. Numbers were maybe half the usual, or more likey the usual minus 30 (ie the number of sunnies already won).

Clairie and I just hung at the back of the pack during the warm-up, and jogged around the loop of The Gardens a few times while the others did 30/30s. Then we stopped and 'marshalled' for a while. It was about 6k all up. Alas, the sunglasses weren't to be mine, but I was glad I made the effort as my legs certainly felt better for it.

Although I felt I could've got out on the road again this morning I thought it best to have the day off. Not going seemed harder than going!


During first hour at Caboolture - that's Mat and Toasty relaxing on the side of the track

13 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

That's a good photo Tess - I like the sunlight. You're looking quite relaxed (nice form). The boys seem set for the evening. Must do it one day.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

After reading all the reports and now seeing that photo, i'm highly motivated for the 6 or 12hr next year - i'll be right beside M&M with beers in the esky :o) (i am well trained for that)
Take it easy this week Tess, we need you Friday.

3:48 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Good to see these photos are becoming a bit more of a permanent addition :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger TD said...

To my alarm Tess you dropped out of my Bloglines subscription for some unknown reason. But I now have you back and order has been restored to the universe.

I have just caught up on news of your Caboolture run. And what a run. Congrats for getting some of the shiny things but the more important congrats I think are for the sense of achievement you clearly got out of the event and for running so strongly. It was another beautiful post from you and so typically you had praise for others too.

Good to see the recovery is going well.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Good snap Tesso

You look like the cat that ate the proverbial canary. You must of had some inkling that it was going to be a good day.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

The Subdudes took some tracking down but I got there in the end. Nice words.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Dropped off my bloglines list some how. I have a bit of a six foot taper. 50k this weekend. 30k on the 25th, 20k on the 4th of March.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Glad to hear that recovery is going well.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I just have to comment that that photo is how Tesso looked all night - cool, calm and in control.

I don't think you raise a sweat at all did you? Certainly were smiling the whole way.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Yes, you've been very well behaved this week in taking it easy. That can be just as hard ;-).

3:16 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Great pics Tesso. Take it easy a few days. You deserve a little rest.

4:40 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Hope you smiled the rest of the run. The boys seemed settled in.
I couldn't fit into the white suit again.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I'm impressed with your recovery discipline.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home