Thursday, February 01, 2007

Doo Doo Doobie Doo

I was between overnight shifts Wednesday so I missed the usual morning mid week longish run, opting instead for sleep. Eventually I headed out just after 4.30pm for 8k. Call it a recovery run, a 'white' run, a low heartrate run, junk miles, whatever. All I know is it was hot ... the weather not my pace.


*****


As usual being the Thursday after our monthly 3k TT at PCRG today was a steady run followed by a no-watch 1k. Clairie and I planned to warm-up for a couple of kms, and then run around 4:40 pace. We managed that, in fact we were under 4:40s for most of it.

Not sure of the exact distance, but it was probably around 9.5k or so by the time we hit the entrance of The Gardens for the 1k. I do know that where I turned around today was the furthest I've reached in these runs :-)

I'd nominated 4:10 as my goal in the no-watch but was a bit worn out by the previous effort so didn't push it too much. I ended up with 4:17. Good thing is it felt slower.

And speaking of a 'good thing' guess what Fine Young Cannibals' number I had in my head all through the session after Peterhorse said it was a great running song. Over five hours later and its still stuck there .... arrrggghhhh!!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

arrgghh ... now I can't get rid of it either.

And as for picking the doo doo doobie doo song-line, that's not really fair - that could be any 1 of like a trillion songs ;)

1:07 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work mate - sounds like you really pushed it out.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I always opt for sleep - it's the ultimate 'white' session :)

As for running songs, that's even worse than having 'Babooshka' stuck in your head!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Fine Young Canibals hey? She drives me crazy'is the one that springs to mind.

Thanks for the good wishes. It was one of those incidents at work that doen't get publisied.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Ooops...dare i mention another?
i told you that was a fast beat - a 4:35 kinda beat i reckon ;-)

I was told once by a mate who's wife was in a band that it happens a lot to them and the cure was to sing it right through to the end then it stops....
alas, the one i had in my head at that time had no ending!!! shall I? ...ok...
"i see you baby, shakin' that ass...shakin that ass..."
(where' the roll the eyes emoticon when you need it)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Sleep is my favourite pastime, I say pastime because I dont get much of it anymore ;-)

Solid session today Tesso, it is a good thing when your result reflects the way you feel.

So it that song making the playlist for Caboolture ;-)

5:30 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Too easy Tesso. Are you the raw or the cooked?

Good Thing doo doo doobie doo

I think it's a Gift from Roland...(he's got a solo album out)

Now get back to training!!! (refer to your comment on my blog)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I hate the term junk miles. I always thing of those easy, recovery runs as "Maximising Aerobic Adaptation Runs". That makes them sound as important as they should be.

Gee you have to be quick to get in in front of Blues Buffet.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Now it is in my head :-)

It was great to see you last week... sorry we did not get to have breakfast- lots ok km's instead!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks for your comment on my blog you GOOD THING ;-)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

P.S. I like Robert's description. Most runners do "Maximising Aerobic Adaptation Runs" really badly (they run too hard).

On the other hand, "White" is easier to remember ;)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home