Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Record Numb3rs

My 300th post :-)

Yesterday at Pat's we had a 92 participants - the most ever for a normal training session. Funny thing is that at no stage at all did I find it too crowded or anyone getting in my way. Dang! I was all ready to practice some argy bargy.

We had to do 6 x 500m reps (or 8 for the fasties), with a 45 second recovery. Being under instructions from the physio to still take it a bit easy I held back ever so slightly on the first one and was surprised to come in just under 2 minutes. I tried to run sub 2 minutes for all six, and only failed on one. We had a nice little pack going, all working off eachother. Its amazing how much that helps.

Last time we did 500s my times were about 4 seconds a rep faster, so I guess three weeks of no speedwork and almost two weeks of no running took its toll. I'm not complaining though, I thought I'd be slower.

For those of us who were finished before others after the reps it was one minute out and one minute back. I did the one minute back with one of the new girls who was finishing her last rep. I got in her ear and encouraged her to really kick it in the guts and not let those behind catch up ... its a wonder she didn't kick me in the guts :-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on the reps. I'm such a fradey cat with intervals, they seem to hurt so much. I'm going ot try and join the group for Thursday's at this stage. Hope to get that sort of gee-up from ya Tesso, 'cause i'm a woos with 'em!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 300th post milestone.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogging anniversary! Nice work on your return to speed :-)

11:10 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

You can muscle me out of the way when you fly past on Saturday ;-)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see running fast again on this blog. I thought it might turn into Rudolfs walking blog for banjo players.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

That is so cool....but how do you know how many posts you have done?

BTW I had no idea how fast I was running on Tuesday and I felt great - it was a suprise to hear Keith tell me we were doing 1:52 ....I think I might leave the watch at home more often and just go as hard as I can.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is a huge turnout. Nice work on the reps, very good considering the layoff.

Nice one with the 300th post you have done exactly double the amount of posts I have. I cracked the 150 on Sunday :-)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"its a wonder she didn't kick me in the guts :-)"

Those that can't take some healthy encouagement don't last long in running. By this logic, if she didn't kick you in the guts, she'll be back!

92 people? I thought I was doing well to do a speed session with 6 people last week!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You argy bargying is something I'd like to see.

Good Numb3rs T3sso :)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 300th post and on being back running - sorta.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home