Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Monday Music - 8th January 2007

Willy Mason - Oxygen (2005)



I was tempted to go with Elvis or Bowie, as both were born on January 8th. But I couldn't decide between them. Instead I followed Scott's lead and picked one of my current favourite singer/songwriters.

Here is a snippet from the Wikipedia entry on Willy.

In 2004, he toured the United States, driving and sleeping in a diesel-powered camper van. In November of that year, it broke down in Death Valley. He paid a local mechanic $1500 to repair the van and flew to England for some scheduled tour dates. Upon his return he found the mechanic's garage locked up and the mechanic himself long gone. The van was tracked down to a street parking space a couple of blocks away, missing most of its key components, including the radiator. The engine block itself was sitting on the sidewalk. In an April 26th, 2006 radio session, Willy says he is hoping to invest in a 15-passenger school bus.

Now I know where he got the idea for the clip :-)


PS Its still Monday in some parts of the world.

10 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

The only tip I got for prevention of a recurrence of my SIJ prob was to incorporate some regular core work (which I detest) into my daily routine - ha! As if "I" have a daily routine....!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Monday Music....?? you had me fooled. I thought I had another shot at the TT tomorrow morning.

Damn guess I had better go with the midweek run. Very nervous about that!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's Monday in America :)

Death Valley is not the place to break down - you don't even want to be in a car without air-con out there.

Reminds me of driving down through Washington state - we went past a penitentiary and there were warning signs 'not to pick up hitch-hikers'!

Hitching a ride on a plane is cool.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your longest unplanned running break? What's the cure: chocolate? Mine is normally to feel very sorry for myself and complain a lot. Non runners then generally call for the men in white coats...

8:21 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Glad to see you went to a physio - hope it gets better real soon! Thanks for organising the Sunday run - it was great and at the perfect pace! I slept very well that night....and the next...!

Take care and see you soon!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck with the physio and exercises.

In answer to your question, yes, I've only ever had one leg.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Willy played for the Bulldogs? Have you signed him during the off season for the Broncs?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I loved that clip. Reminds me ... are you up for the annual bet?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sorry to hear about the injuries. Hope they can be fixed up vv soon. Steve had a ruptured disc and his was fixed pretty quickly with some core strengthening.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the clip Tesso! I didn't like Monday's news though. I hope you mend quickly.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home