Friday, December 29, 2006

PCRG Times Two

Considering the nature of Wednesday's run the leg muscles felt surprising good Thursday morning. Still I erred on the side of caution at Pat's and didn't go flat out. We did the warm-up out to West End then ran outbound doing 3 mins fast, 30 sec jog, 2 mins fast, 30 sec jog, 1 min fast, 30 sec jog, 30 sec fast, 30 sec standing recovery. Then we turned around and did the same thing coming back.

It was only on that last effort that I really pushed it. I had no choice with Matty sidling up to me and mentioning me of the excesses of the silly season. As if I needed to be reminded!


*****


With Tuggeranong Don making a special guest appearance I just had to go back to Pat's today. Also Clairie was coming along, and I hadn't seen her for ages ... a whole three days :-) But I had to be at the desk ready to go (showered etc) at 7am which was going to make it tight, so I parked at work first and ran to The Ship Inn.

The pgm was the same as yesterday, and as Pat announced it to the group he said it seemed like Groundhog Day. Some of us who were backing up (Cassie, Jules, Phil, myself) half smiled and nodded, we felt the same way.

I thought I was moving faster today, at least I hoped I was as I was giving it everything. The test would be how far I traveled by the end of the first set. When I got there I was maybe 50 metres or so further on than yesterday - whew!

Hopefully TD enjoyed he hit out, he sure was flying especially in that second set. As I had to veer off during the warmdown and head back to work I didn't get too much of a chance to talk to him. With a bit of luck he be able to join us for our Go-Between's Bridge loop from South Bank tomorrow. After the tough run he and CJ took me on when I was in Canberra recently we might go via Mt Coot-tha as payback :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you are travelling well Tesso. 2 Pat sessions in 2 days is a good way to run off the Christmas excesses.

10:22 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Tess - you're training the house down (as usual)

:-)

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see your taking it easy after Nebo the other day. He he he.

There's no stopping you :-).

7:16 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Don is a surprisingly fast runner for such a mountain goat. That's a good idea Tess, to return the favour :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Ha! Now to be fair to TD, he was as much in the dark about the TdM run as you were!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some nice running Tesso. Hope you took TD up Mt Coot-tha. I'm sure he would have enjoyed your revenge.

Happy New Year! Here's to another great year of runnin' and bloggin'!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Hpayy new year Tesso. I hope you have a great 2007!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy new year Tess! I am going to dust off my blog for the new year! Heres to a wonderful new year :-)

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Happy new year.
Looking forward to another engaging year of your blogs, and your permanent relocation to Sydney.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed following your journey in 2006 and look forward to 2007. I hope it is a profitable and injury free year for you.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did enjoy that hit out Tesso at Pat's group but it was just good to see you there and see you running well.

I'm glad I managed to avoid Mt Cootha as I think I would have fallen over in the dust, given the way I run those damn hills! Anyway our hills are tougher than your hills - so there!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home