Thursday, December 14, 2006

Grinners :-)

The legs were still a bit sore Wednesday but I'd arranged to meet Lizzle at The Regatta at 5.30am. Luckily she was feeling much the same way so along with Geoff with just cruised on into The Gardens at a nice easy pace. He wanted to do a little more so left us as we turned after 5k to come back.

Finished off with 20 push-ups (a la Clairie) when we got back to the ferry terminal, Lizzle even joined in for a few.


*****


This morning at Pat's was 4 min fast, 30 sec jog, 2 mins fast, 30 sec standing recovery. Repeat. Then 3 mins fast. Then we all did the hill up to Vulture St. The legs feel almost totally recovered, as the reps wore on I was able to rev it up a bit.

It was another fun session. Simmo, Big Stevie and I formed a bit of a pack a couple of times and did some serious chasing, trying to drag others along when we did catch up to them. Afterwards the three of us made a pact to gang up with a couple of others and run sub 12 in the January TT - gulp!

And as if I wasn't in a good enough mood after that I won a random draw prize of this little FM radio/clock/pedometer thing called 'Runner' donated by the Gold Coast Airport Marathon.

But wait ... there's more. I also picked up the Group Award! There was a choice of several things including a double pass to the Gold Class Cinema which I couldn't resist. Boy, I sure had a lot of new buddies after that ;-)

The prize was courtesy of Majer Recruitment. These guys are one of the sponsors of the PCRG Summer Series, and quite a few of them are members including Lou who will be with us running 11:59 (or quicker!) come January.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Congrats buddy. I take it 'Gold Class' is better than Dendy? It's easy to grin when you win :)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Still no sunnies, hey?

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to go sub 12 if you want a chance at keeping pace with JD at Canberra. And convincing him to get off the couch(haha) and run C2S again.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

That's great that you got the group award you deserve it. You got some good prizes there aswell.

If you want I will glad to help with the sub 12 goal next month...well only if im your buddy for gold class ;-) No seriously I would be happy to help out.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

You're off to the movies then, well done. I don't know what's playing there but if the new James Bond movie is on I recommend it. I saw it on Weds. In the opening action scene 007 sprints up a near vertical crane arm in a style that would definitely get him a sub 12min 3K time, maybe you could emulate.

10:57 PM  
Blogger steven trevaskis (aka Travy) said...

I have not upgraded to Beta. I am just seeing if I could post a comment.
Great blog anyway - (Travy)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you're legs are entitled to still be a little sore after such a great run on the weekend! Does EVERY session you guys do entail hills? I know Brisbane has a large number, but you must seek them out!

Great running, and good luck with the sub 12 - maybe the movie will inspire you to win more group prizes!

8:53 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Oooo sub 12.....

And more bling :-) Enjoy the gold pass Tesso.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were chanting 'Sunies, sunies, sunies', and the gods heard 'movies & radios'. He, he he...Go figure.

Sub 12 hey! I'm just gonna have to come back from holidays to see this. 1st big goal for 2007. I'm sure you'll do great!

11:13 AM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

with luck like that u shouldve headed straight to the treasury!
best of luck with the sub12.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Aki said...

:0 :):) :) :) :) :) :) !!!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Sub 12 is yours if you really want it!
£km is so short when your full of breath!
I know you can do it!

R2B

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home