Thursday, December 07, 2006

Downunder Runner Comes To Town

This morning at Pat's was the 'steady' 50 minutes followed by the no-watch 1k. I always try to do the 'steady' run a bit on the fast side, but with the Kurrawa to Duranbah relay on Sunday thought today should just be a relaxing one.

It was a little special today, we had the pleasure of CR Downunder Runner's (Diana) company. She's in town for a week and on Tuesday stumbled across Matty wearing his CR singlet. So he lined her up for a run with the PCRG today. It was great to meet her after reading so many of her posts. As she's doing Shepparton HIM on Sunday she also wanted to take it easy and so hung around Clairie, Mat and I.

For the no-watch thing I'd nominated 4:10. Clairie put down 4:00. Ah ha, I conjured up a master plan - just stay 10 seconds behind her! During it I felt like going a little faster but held myself back, and as I'd see Clairie pass a landmark (eg a signpost) I'd count how long it took me to get to the same spot. It was always around 10 seconds. Laughing.

Well, I would've been laughing if Clairie paced herself properly, we were both about 5 seconds too fast :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

I like your plan just a shame Clairie didn't hold up her end of the bargain ;-)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

That damn Clairie - she's always too fast!

I remember DR - she's a good runner.

8:49 PM  
Blogger miners said...

woo hoo! More triathletes out with the brissy girls

btw - blind leading the blind came to mind when reading about your 1km effort ;)

9:01 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Remember what you mumma told you - cheats never prosper... :-) (but look on the bright side, if you'd gone faster as you wanted to, it would have been worse!)

Gnome

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your style Tesso.

Best of luck on the weekend. Hope its not too hot this time around.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I guess you'll be slugging it out against Clairie on Sunday. All the best for the run.

You seem to be in good shape at the moment.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have meet Downunder Runner a few times. She is very committed.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Way to go Tesso!!!! Next time I will just put down the SAME time as you and we can run together....something tells me we will flat it out and both come in way too fast as well.

Hope you had a great sess at Pats this morning. All the work is done now. Rest up today then off on a road trip with ya bestest buddy tomorrow. Ok so we are only going to the Coast...but it will seem like forever!

See you tomorrow.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. Next NO WATCH 1KM I won't follow you to keep pace, cause you'll be following Clarie, and we'll all just arrive at the end too fast, lol.

9:48 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

But did you get the sunglasses?

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home