Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Hard Day At The Office

This morning's session at Pat's was 1 x 5min, 1 x 4min, 1 x 5min, 1 x 4min, with just 45 seconds recovery in between. We did this in the middle of The Gardens, so there were a couple of slight hills in there.

There was a big crowd for a Thursday, so many people to chase :-) Although the legs haven't totally recovered from the half on the weekend I felt I wasn't moving too slowly, keeping the likes of Robbie and Toasty in my sights. It was really hard work but on the final two efforts I was able to stay in front of a few people who had me on the first couple, the endurance gained from the long runs must've kicked in.

Of course that last 4 minutes wasn't just 4 minutes. After totally busting a gut to get back to the starting point we had to run up a hill. Should've guessed that was coming!

Back at The Ship Inn after our warmdown looking around I don't think I've seen the crew so knackered in a while, all agreed it was particularly tough. Glad it wasn't just me.

11 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

"It's a pretty big crowd for a Thursday and the coach gives me a smile - cause he knows that its me that they've been coming to see".... yeah that could work....

Nice work Tess ;-)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

It's always reassuring to see everyone else looks totally stuffed to I think!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

It would have been quite warm aswell this morning through the gardens.

You only start to worry when your the only person that is knackered and everyone else is looking great.

Sounded like a quality session, glad I wasn't there ;-)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Absolutely tough ... hardest one I can remember.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...and I think I work hard! Then I read your blog, Tess! Come to think of it though...I nearly burst my gut at times too! That makes us 2 guts!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tesso, you'll have toasty for breakfast if you keep that up.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Soft, just soft you qlders. I'll get Miners to send you the blouse. No more red wine for you.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Great effort Tess to get out of work and manage to still put in 120% effort. Goes to show what a rest day every now and then can do to freshen up the legs!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger miners said...

So there ARE some slight undulations in the gardens!!! I always thought so, but put it down to that section being near the end of the 10km course in Feb, and me just being a fat, unfit slacker

11:48 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

I'm also getting some hard sessions from Pat this week, what's with that?

I always think that one day these buggers are going to feel easier, but hasn't happened yet.

1:32 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Noice half marathon run Tesso.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home