Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back in Brissie

A few questions answered ...

Bay - Gold Coast Hill is the name Pat gave the steeeeeep hill (beside The Medina) up to the Story Bridge. In the build up to the GC Marathon and Half this year he got us to run up it at the end of speed sessions we did nearby. Now most of us do it at least twice when we are over there. Old habits die hard.

R2B - Yes, I am thinking about 6ft Track .... thinking about never ever doing it :-)

Scott - Manly is a such lovely part of Sydney but I always stay in the inner west so don't get a chance to run much around other areas except when racing. Being directionally challenged its probably just as well.


*****


At Pat's Tuesday morn I decided to ease back to around 80-90% effort as the legs were a tad sore from Sunday's race. I didn't want to miss this session though as it was Karen M's last one before she heads to Italy for three months of R, R & R - rest, relaxation .... and running :-)

We ran out to West End and did 5 x 1 mins, with a 30 sec jog recovery, then turned and ran back this time alternating fast/jog 30 seconds, with the last one a long sprint to the finish. Clairie had a big day of outdoor adventures planned and was also holding back, so we hung in together and had a bit of fun.

With parking at work and running to and from The Ship Inn it was 12k all up, which I thought sort of made up for taking the session a bit easier.

7 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

hey, a 12km is a long run in my book :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I don't think anyone could ever accuse you of slacking off!

Glad you had a nice weekend down here.

TA

1:07 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

12k'll do ;-)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the info - that is a steep hill! I think I'd have to walk up it....

Don't sneeze at a 12 k'er; I call that a pretty decent run, especially for "recovery"!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

But 6' is the best run in Australia!

From a state where there are no mountains, it's just like visiting the Alps ;)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Slacker! There I said it. Everyone is too easy on you.

Clearly anyone who takes out a billion mile State Championship (Caboolture) suffers massive injuries, works their way back and notches up numerous half marathons and is breathing heavy in my ear this morning whilst I do everything to stay such a tiny way ahead, isn't trying.

10:02 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

awww! why not?

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home