Thursday, November 16, 2006

Please Sir, I want some more

Today at Pat's we had 2 x 5 minute efforts and then continual hill reps at Brisbane's own grassy knoll, the River Stage in The Gardens.

I had an extra long warmup as I parked at work and ran to The Ship Inn. Still it wasn't until the second 5 min effort that I felt good, in it I covered a lot more ground and managed to stay closer to people who were much further ahead in the first.

The hill reps were tough, its a short and very sharp rise. But its great fun trying to pass people, or stop others from passing you. Even though I was working as hard as I could, and it was hurting, and I was wishing Pat would hurry and call out "last one", I was actually disappointed when he did!

10 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

Looks like you ran like the "Dickens" Glad you didn't "Twist" your ankle.

1:57 PM  
Blogger miners said...

believe it or not, I know what you mean. I was disappointed when we eventually finished my track work last night too!

So why did it take a while to feel good at the start? Are you experiencing the same atrocious weather that we are? Apparently it's about 15 degrees outside :o

1:57 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Some people are just never happy - complain, complain, complain.

Good to see it all going so well for you mate ;-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Tess you are a nut you hear me! A complete nut. NO-ONE wants a pat session to keep going...okay well no-one except maybe Glenda, and Jodie mmmm and all the elites. Maybe you are one of them in hiding. Certainly you are running fantasticly at the moment. Well done and bring on the races!!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Everytime I look over my shoulder ... there you are! Have a great time in Sydney.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

I was listening to Darren Hanlon again, first time to hear of him, I like this kind of song. It reminded me of another artist, one of my favourites, Jonathan Richman.
Here's a link you must like this song too. "I'm so confused"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1p97nNltI

Bye for now

8:15 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

I must be a running nutter too.I never want the session to end...except when i stop!

Cheers R2B

5:49 AM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

It sounds like everything is going well for the big race in 3 weeks!

Great stuff


Stu

7:02 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sounds like a great work out.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I don't.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home