Friday, November 10, 2006

15 mins of Sprints

Had another good session at Pat's this morning. We had what he calls '15 mins of sprints' - fast/jog/fast/jog around a circuit in The Gardens. After yesterday's effort I didn't want to go 100% so for me they're weren't quite sprints. And of course it lasted more than 15 mins.

The legs were feeling heavy, though after three or four laps they started coming good, and on the last few I was able to push it a bit more.

Still, I held back a little wanting to keep something in reserve for tomorrow morning. Clairie and I are doing a 3000m track race. Haven't quite decided on a goal, I'd be happy with something similar to Tuesday's TT (12:14).

11 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Running said...

Is the 3000m track, track, as flat as the one you do your 3KTT at? All the best for tomorrows' effort.

1:24 PM  
Blogger miners said...

So you're going up against Flake in a 3000m stand-off?(albeit virtually) Best of luck

Bit disappointed to hear the session WAS actually longer than 15min. I was thinking of joining up when I saw the blog title ...

1:59 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Dont get dizzy!

That would be 15mins of QLD time right ;-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

What do you mean you don't know what you will be doing??? You will be running sub12 with me!!! Thats the rule I thought?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Na... you've got to go for at least 11:59! A measley 95.87 seconds per lap. Just don't sit on Clairie - she'll go sub-40 for the first 200.

3:47 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

I still don't know how you back up doing 15 min sprints AFTER 22k run, then hit a 3k time trial the next day. And your legs are a little heavy, eh...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sub 12's hey?? Woohoo go girl!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

What no photo of the spikes? Good luck with the 3000m hope you have a good race.

10:35 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for the race today - run a lap for me!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

.....and what happened? ..... time to post the results!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Results, please!!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home