Thursday, October 26, 2006

Walking (well ... running) on Sunshine

Wednesday morn I was due for a longish run so set out along the boardwalk along the beach before heading into Noosa Woods. It was nice and cool, with lots of shade on the pathways amongst the trees.

Checking the Garmin the first couple of kms were around the 5:30 mark so I thought I'd turn it into a decent session and try to do the next 10k under 5 minute pace. Spent a bit more time running around The Woods then headed out along the trusty Noosa Half course. After about 8k at sub 5:00s I decided to stretch it to 12k at that pace. Ran a couple of kms slower as a warmdown.

So 16k all up, with the middle 12k averaging 4:50s. Happy with that though it wasn't as easy as it should've been.

*****

Thursday morn I wanted to do some speedwork or hills but the body was a bit tired and sore so just set out on an easy one. Ran over Noosa Hill and around to Sunshine Beach. Ran south through the streets for a while before heading to the beach and going back north on the hard sand for about 15 minutes.

I wondered if I could get back to Noosa via that end of the National Park and after walking up a squillion steps and then running a bit of a steep trail decided to turn around and go back to the beach just in case and ran back to Noosa along the road.

80 mins of running all up, not sure how many kms I covered.

12 Comments:

Blogger blues buffett said...

Glad you are enjoying the Waves at Noosa, Katrina.
Keep up the good work...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

"Happy with that though it wasn't as easy as it should've been" ..... cause running 12K around 4:50's is meant to be easy right?

If you want to do some serious Kurawa training make sure you are wearing a heavy track suit and beanie to get used to the conditions. Stay tuned for more free tips for Kurawa.

7:11 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Always love it when you report back from your numerous Noosa holidays you seem to have each year. Always get a great visual on your National Park runs and the spins along the beach (I'm very envious - I suppose you can tell ...)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like you're having a great time up there in Noosa. Enjoy the scenery at the weekend;)

11:23 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to hear from you Tesso - glad you are not bludging up there in paradise ;-)

PS you should have stuck with the trail :-)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like nice ground you are covering. I think the speedwork might have been easeir than a squillion steps and steep trails!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I was going to say something clever about Katrina but blues buffett beat me to it :(

4:12 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Make sure you walk on the wild side.
Wild West if its up there.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Wish i was there Tesso. The Noosa Tri is always sucha fantastic event.

10:34 PM  
Blogger TD said...

I love the way you make running sound like fun, no matter when and where you do it. It is fun, of course, as we all know but your 'knobs on' enthusiam shines through in every post you do. I like that.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I wish I was there!!!! Enjoy :-) We get to see you again soon...yeah!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sounds great running along the beach and the boardwalks.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home