Friday, October 13, 2006

Sydney - Part 2

I was hoping to maintain the momentum from the previous big week of training but with factoring the drive back to Brissie it wasn't to be. In hindsight it was probably best to follow it up with an easy week anyway.


Sun Evening 1/10 - LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!. Or did I say that already :-)


Tue 3/10 - Lillyfield Rd hill reps. The legs were feeling heavy from the Star run. Still, I planned to do 10 of these but figured I'd be slower than last week and nowhere near the goal of 31:30. Again I managed to stick with JD on the first few but then he got right away from me. After the 8th I was I really hit the straps to salvage a sub 32. On the final uphill I got within about 5 seconds of JD and flew down the hill to finish a 1 second behind him in 31:31!!! Yay, a PB for both of us! We threw in a slower 11th rep afterwards 'just to keep us honest' :-)


Wed 4/10 - 2 laps of The Bay. We took these ones much easier than last week. I can't remember the time but the second was a bit faster than the first. 16k all up including the warmup and warmdown.


Thu 5/10 - Timbrell Park. It was back with the fast dudes again who this week decided to take it easy and just do 3 x 1k reps. I was really struggling and did 4:02, 4:03 and 4:05. After the others headed home JD and I did a final km of 30sec fast/30 sec jog just for something to do.


Fri 6/10 - Easy around The Bay. 9k altogether including a lap of The Bay. Bumped into The Prof and Aunty K and stopped for a lovely chat about her race and a not so lovely chat about his chest infection.


Sat 7/10 - Striders 10k at Homebush. I've been in Sydney the last two years for the October 10k at Homebush and have had shockers both times so wasn't really looking forward to this one. I hoped to go somewhere around 45 mins so locked in behind the pacer at the start line. He and the rest of the train got away after about 1km or so, still my splits were all around 4:30 so I didn't worry, and I hit halfway at exactly 22:30. I went to grab a drink but all the cups were empty and had to wait to have one filled so lost about 5 seconds or more. It was a little annoying because I had passed a few people just prior to that now they were ahead of me again. The second half my splits just got slower and slower, the legs just wouldn't move too fast.
My finish time was 45:35, not as close to 45mins as I'd hoped. Not to worry. It was just good to catch up with so many of the locals. There were some great runs out there especially from Belinda who knocked a whopping 54 seconds off her PB - you couldn't get the smile off her face!


So that was it. A few hours later my sister and I were in the car and counting down the kms back to Brissie. The annual Sydney holiday over. Now I have to wait an eternity for the annual Noosa holiday to begin ... well, a week and half anyway :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

If you wore a Bronco's jersey to Homebush, im sure you would have run faster ;-)

5:45 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

With all that action, you're going to need a holiday!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

That was another good week of running and finished off with a decent run in less than ideal conditions. Thanks for your comments about Belinda. She is reaping the rewards for some good training. We just hope the body holds together.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Yes Tesso, you said that already.

Sounds like a good training holiday. At least Noosa is not so far away.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I thought Manly were playing. Sorry to have missed you Tesso. A bit busy at work this time. Most likely will see you in Canberra at the Marathon.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Great to see you again Tesso!

Hope my work gets me up to Brisvegas before the end of the year so we can go out for another run.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home