Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm doing alright, getting good grades ....

This morning at Pat's was 1 minute efforts, with a Pat type 30 second standing recovery. Compared to last weeks 2 minute efforts these seemed almost easy. Well, not easy, but easier.

After the final one he asked if we wanted to run up 'Gold Coast Hill'. Surprisingly there was a resounding "yes" and so we finished off with the 500 meter fast run to the start of it and then up the hill. This one is a real test for me, and I reckon I am only just starting to not look like I'm going backwards up it. As soon as I got to the top I headed back down until I got to a couple of the girls still making their way up so turned around there and tried to encourage them "just 10 more seconds and we'll be at the top". I lied, it was more like 30 :-)

We got back to The Ship Inn after the warm down and I invited those around me to join me on a run up the short steep hill to Vulture St. This time there was a resounding "no"! Except for Clairie of course, as if she'd miss out on any extra hard work if it was on offer.

It was great to have blogger Shane along again today. We introduced him to blogger Ally. They've only ever met in Bloggsville. He sussed out the guys aiming to run just under 40 mins at the BRRC 10k race on Sunday, hopefully he can hang in with them.

****

Later on at work was the assessment part of the Health Futures program. The guy doing it is a runner so we had a great old chat. He's done loads of stuff including Cradle Mountain, Trailwalker and Three Peaks. He knew all about Lucklylegs and her amazing feats. And about Mr G and all the crazy stuff he does.

Anyhow I couldn't be happier with the results, everything was as good if not better than last time (2004), especially my flexibility. And the improvement since my first assessment in 2000 is great. There was no mention of cutting back on chocolate. Or red wine. In fact he told me to drink more ...... water :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

Of all the luck - to have a runner do that for you!! Cool stuff and to know all the cool people we know - even better.

What was your resting heart rate?

You did great on the session this morning - always first out the gate and eager to do more. I really applaud you for doing the two hills this morning - I was finding it tough going and as much as I totally love hills - this one was not going to be done again today!

Going up Goodwill Bridge I was concious of you, Nat and I just keeping pace. I had an awful stitch but thought if I slowed now so would everyone else (as we all tend to do - not like we are at all competitive or anything hee hee).

So you have to drink more heh....well I'll make sure to tell all the Sydney Siders to be aware when you are down there this week.

Tess what on earth am I going to do without you for a fortnight? Who approved your leave application?

6:17 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I've heard 2006 is a good year for water.

Congrats on the 8k podium. Top step too! I bet the view was good from up there.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I heard a few people talking about how hard the 2 minutes efforts were last week. I will remember not to turn up for those sessions.

I was in no mans land when I returned back to the ship inn. I didn't comprehend that you were calling for people to run up the hill until clairie and yourself were well on your way.

Good results with the health assessment, it is great to see an improvement is things like that when you know that you have been looking after yourself.

Good timing for it aswell considering you upcoming birthday celebrations, footy and you trip down south.

8:42 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

But is your future so bright you gotta wear shades???

...and the countdown is on to the birthday celebrations... we're even having a public holiday here in your honour...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Great to get feedback that your healthy living is paying off. Keep up the good work; that's the choc and red wine;) Sorry I won't be here for your birthday so have a great time.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home