Friday, September 01, 2006

Its Getting Better All The Time

I didn't have a good session at Pat's yesterday .... I had a great session :-) We had 2 x 5 minute surges through the back of The Gardens, and then hill reps up the steep grassy slope at the River Stage.

In the surges I gave it everything I had, and was rapt that the only girl in front of me was Glenda. Okay, so she was that far in front I needed binoculars if I actually wanted to see her. Still, just going by the people who were around me and just ahead of me I knew that I was doing well. The recovery was short and not too sweet. Turning at 2 1/2 minutes on the second surge I was almost at the same spot I got to within about 10 meters of where I did in the first one, so there was only a tiny bit of a fade factor.

Then it was on to the hill reps. After 5 minutes of them I thought I heard Pat say last one so I busted a gut. Next thing I hear "just a few more minutes" .... argh! Altogether it was about 10 minutes, I don't recall ever spending so long on that steep little hill.

I came away knowing I'd put in 100%, and was more than happy with the results.

Getting so much better all the time :-)

15 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

You gave me the word, I finally heard. I'm doing the best that I can. Too.
So it's a date on 3 June 2007 for sub 90s all round?
Goooooooo Tessooooooo.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

You had to admit it.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

UMMM Tess what's happening on 3 June 2007???? Is there a race that you and speedygeoff are doing that I am not including on? WHAT!!!!!

Just imagine how good you will go on Tuesday after a few days of rest (from running) at GH this weekend.

11:35 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear it Tesso - just the sort of posting I want to read on my comeback!

Well done mate ;-)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thats great tess.... you work so hard! It is nice to hear you sparking again!!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger miners said...

I'd say that finishing 10mins of reps on that hill would classify as 'things getting better' too.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Yeeeeeeeeehah! Great to see good training happening on this blog. Keep it up.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

All that ITB trouble seems to be a distant memory.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

YOSSHHH!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Must be the Coronas.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Wheeeeeeee

6:39 AM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Woohoo.

(blog comments getting shorter all the time, and in my case, better)

3:26 PM  
Blogger TD said...

You were in great shape when I saw you in the C2S, Tesso, so not surprised to see you chewing up those hills. Really nice work and just love that attitude.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Fabtastic Tesso!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

After the weekend, The Dragons are looking better all the time too, as those pretenders the Broncos will soon discover.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home