Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shame About The Boat Race

Ran the warm-up at Pat's today with Toasty and he was setting a cracking pace. Not sure if it was to impress the passer by who told him he had nice legs or to get away from him.

The session itself was a combo of four and two minute efforts, with 30 seconds standing and/or jog recovery. This is one of my favourites as we go through the back pathways in the Botanical Gardens, very pleasant. Also its fun chasing people or trying to keep them at bay. I felt like I was moving okay today, and was able to keep the guy with the nice legs and Robbie kind of in my sights.

Matty had a go at me for shortcutting the warmdown even though I, like several others, was just following our leader. He said for penance I must run another 2k today (we only cut off 400 meters at most!). I was knackered but rather than risk going to hell hit the gym and as well as some stretching and abs stuff did 2k on the tready.

Whatever happened to the old 10 x Hail Marys and 1 x Our Father?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I'll ask Joy for you Tesso. She's a good mate of Benny XV1th.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Boat race. Did somebody mention beer!

9:55 PM  
Blogger TD said...

You make that run through the botanic gardens sound a bit naughty, Tesso, with all that chasing and stuff. No wonder you are bordering on the ultimate in eternal damnation. I'd be saying my prayers too.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I love that session but am glad I didnt' show - wouldn't have been able to do it any justice.

Good on you for keeping sexy legs in sight. *groan* does that mean he has ANOTHER name to go by???

9:09 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

That was why I did gym followed by a run at lunchtime followed by yoga after work! Ten Hail Marys would have been a whole lot easier.

1:39 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

That was why I did gym followed by a run at lunchtime followed by yoga after work! Ten Hail Marys would have been a whole lot easier.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home