Thursday, August 17, 2006

Post C2S

Suprisingly the legs felt fine Monday which had me thinking maybe I didn't run hard enough at the C2S. So there was no excuse for not doing at least an easy run.

Set out around 5pm and headed down Glebe Pt Rd to Bi-Centennial Park and made my way to Annandale. It was a very easy pace. I was out there for 50 minutes, though stopped and looked at a few things along the way, so probably didn't do much more that 7km or so.

*****

Tuesday was my last morning in Sydney and I didn't want to miss out on one final run. Just taking it easy I headed down to Pyrmont. The plan was to run around Darling Harbour, but having such a great sense of direction I totally missed it and ended up at a little waterfront stretch I'd never seen before. It was at the end of Pirrama Rd, maybe Jones Bay???

Anyway, it was pretty quiet, though there was like a mini boot camp thing going on. Seeing this mob working hard in a little park made me feel guilty so I stopped there and did 20 x 30 second efforts (with 30 sec standing recovery).

With a couple of water bubblers there and hardly anyone else using the path it was a great location to do some speed work, I'll keep it in mind for next time .... if I can find it again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Great to see you at the weekend and I'll email you re my trip to Brissie next week.

9:39 AM  
Blogger miners said...

love getting lost on away-runs :)

While you might be feeling good, you take it easy now before Noosa. C2S always takes more out of us than any of us realise - hey, it's only 14km - what harm could it do ...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

To Sydney for the C2S, therefore you must be coming to Melbourne for the MM.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You missed Darling Harbour?????

Great to see you again Tesso - see you for the big party next month!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home