Saturday, August 05, 2006

Biggest Week In Months

Go Girl asked what kind of chippies I had on me in the Glasshouse pics. It wasn't chips, it was half a packet of my favourite lollies ...



And Aki, I only did 1k at 4:18 pace, the rest were somewhat slower :-)

*****

Friday morning I planned to be at work by 5.30am and from there run back to The Regatta for the 6am start, and then run back into the work. All up it would've been close to 10k. But the doona sabotaged my plan and I didn't get up until 5.15am. So I just did an easy 6k on the bikepath before heading into work.

*****

With the B2B on tomorrow there was only a handful of starters for our regular Saturday run. Knowing my race time will be minutes off my PB I thought I wouldn't take too soft an option and do a longish run today.

I started out with the front pack, but by the 3k mark they were doing sub 5s and I knew if I wanted to do a decent distance it was a bit too fast let them go and ran on my own. Travelling past the Kangaroo Pt cliffs I glanced around and saw runners, walkers, cyclists, Boot Camp-ers and abseilers. Great to see them all out there enjoying a perfect winter's morning.

All up I did around 18k in 96mins. That brings me to 66k for the week so far. Throw in the 12k B2B tomorrow, and I'll have notched up 78k and my biggest week in almost six months. Almost back to normal :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Whow! good to see you clocking up the K's again Tesso. I hope I get to see you somewher in the crowd tomorrow. Have a fun B2B Tesso.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Bloody doonas!

9:21 PM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

Ohh I do love Chicos as well. I find though that I can't just eat one at a time, I have to stuff like 5 or 6 in my mouth at once so I get maximum flavour - problem then is that they have a really weird texture that makes them difficult to chew.
Best of luck at B2B!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You are well & truly back Tesso. Woohoo!!!!!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Chicos huh, so that is your secret!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

At first I thought it was the biggest week for eating. About time you beefed up.

Looks like a lot of us will be chasing you at C2S.

8:01 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Hey Tesso, Skyhooks were voted most popular Aussie band on the Countdown cyber poll recently. Mrs BB is mega aggro, and working out how to "get Sherbet to no.1 where they belong".
I must say they're not all chick-magnets anymore, especially Alan Sandow. He looks more like a fatter, balder version of Alan Bond. Still, anyone looks better than Keith Lamb
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/08/14/1092340534652.html?from=storyrhs

8:31 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Just seeing the pack of Chicos has given me an attack of the munchies.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

More kms in the bank for that GH run in Sept.

Gold!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home