Friday, July 28, 2006

1k Reps

I am car-less for a week after a great big dirty 4 wheel drive got a too bit close for comfort to my little Echo. There's just a little damage to the back bumper, not sure why it takes so long to repair.

So the only way to get to Pat's this morning was on foot ... in the rain. Before our 3k warmup to New Farm I'd already run 5k, which I hadn't done slowly as I left home a few minutes later than I should have. Oh well, I was warm :-)

With just 11 of us there it was like the old days when I first joined (three years ago). Guess the rain kept people away - some Brisso's are so soft!

We had 4 x 1k reps, with a 60 second standing recovery. Ally and I stuck together for all of them, with Andy S nearby. Those two are much stronger than me on hills, so I used them to drag me up that little rise before the 500m turnaround.

Times were ...

3:52 (yikes!)
4:06
4:11
4:13

It really was a tough session. We did go out a bit fast in that first one, but its good to know I can run a sub 4 again, even if its only one. Having Ally beside me was fantastic, we really worked off eachother. There's no way I could have done those times without her. Thanks mate :-)

Luckily Ciaran was there today and was able to drop me at the top of Sylvan Rd, so I only had to run 500m rather than 5k to get home. All up that made for a 16k morning. After that the 24k at Glasshouse tomorrow is definitely just a training run!

14 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

3:52 (yikes!)
4:06
4:11
4:13

You have to be happy with those times .... Time Trial on Tuesday 12:07?

3:58 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Great session today Tesso. No car? Hope you don't have to run all the way to GH ;) Enjoy the run out there tomorrow :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Nice running Tesso, I was one of those soft Brisso's, went to the gym instead. See you tomorrow

5:40 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

I was definiteley one of the soft Brisso's today Tesso - ashamed to say!

I hope Little Sir Echo will be OK soon.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Nice and fast 1k reps. You must try and limit the fade. Really try to get them within 5 secs of each other.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Oh no, poor Echo - hope you're okay too!

Great times on your reps Tess, I reckon Marks right and you'll fly in on Tuesday.

Looking fwd to tomorrow, glad to hear you're planning on taking it easy though, I might have half a hope at keeping up now!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Sounds like you put in a big effort all round this morning Tesso.

All the best at Glasshouse. Don't step in any puddles.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Nice splits T! Lets hope your Echo is feeling a whole lot better soon!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

You're stringing together some big Kms. Those C2S hills will sort out the soft Brissos.

I thought everyone in Brisso got around on horses.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

does that mean you will be using people power to get around for the rest of the week?

If I could run a 45 minute 10km for my Lake run I would be so happy and I reckon you could hear me yipee from all the way up there!

9:45 PM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

Echos are great little cars. I remember I hired one when in Cairns on Holiday. $20 worth of fuel got me around for the whole week! Made for a nice change compared to my thirsty Magna.
Good luck at the Glasshouse!

12:08 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Sucks about the car!Some Asshole hit my car the other day and took of without leaving a note.

Hope GH was a lot of fun!
R2B

6:42 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Watching the Bledisloe Cup on TV at Suncorp Stadium and heard the P.A playing INXS 'new sensation': I retract all that Sherbet stuff, Brisso's really rocking these days.

Hope Glasshouse went well.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good times, esp with the short break!!

Well done

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home