Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jog Blog

Just a 'jog' on the menu at Pat's this morning. To make it a little different we headed over to New Farm via the Story Bridge. The pace until the bridge wasn't too hectic but then Pat caught up with a bunch of us and started talking so next thing we were hooting along trying to keep up with him.

I got a couple of hundred meters from the Bowls Club and told Toasty, who was running beside me, that I was turning for home and intending to slow down a little. The bugger decided to come with me so that was the end of the slowing down idea.

He reckons we were actually going faster on the way back. I suppose I should be grateful to him, not sure I was at the time tho. We ran past a couple of workmen and one of them who had seen him Tuesday commented about him wearing a different pair of fancy pants this morning. I think he has a fan :-)

We were out there for just under 52 minutes and ran around 10 1/2 km or perhaps a little more.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

i love jogging! the word even sounds relaxing! but i don't think that was a jog :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Pat seems to do that, he gets talking and cheering everyone on it somehow takes your mind off the pace. The first time I went to his group was the TT where I saw myself running with him for the entire run. I didn't realise that we were running that fast until I couldn't breathe 1/2 way through the race.

Nice jog by the way :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Theres always one in the crowd ;-) funny how easily the pace picks up! And yes I am always nervous before races... stupid I know :-)

6:59 PM  
Blogger TD said...

New Farm's an old haunting ground of mine, Tesso. I spent a bit of my childhood there and I miss the place. Wish I was back in Brissie running with Pat's group.

8:31 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Arrgh that isn't fast for you!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

you forgot to mention that you were setting the pace

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home