Tuesday, June 27, 2006

3k at GC Race Pace

Its just 5 days to go until the Gold Coast and this morning at Pat's we had to run 3 or 4k at our GC race pace. I've listed my A goal as 1:38 and my B goal as 1:42 - nice big window there :-)

Without calculating beforehand (obviously) my aim was to do 3 x 4:35s. Doing the maths afterwards I realised that would bring my in at 1:36.42. I should've been going for 4:40s. D'oh!

Prizes were up for grabs and so we weren't allowed to check our watches in the final km. I teamed up with Ally and Steve G and we were a few seconds over in the first and second kms. With 100m or so to go Steve bolted ahead, he looked as if he was gonna crash tackle Clairie :-) Ally and I cruised on and finished the final km in 4:36 - close!

It was such a fun session. Everyone was running along asking eachother what pace they were doing, wondering if they were too fast or too slow. And as it was out and back there was lots of cheering going on.

I finished with the feeling that all going well I might just, maybe, possibly, hopefully, be able to maintain that pace for 21ks. I'm gonna give it a go anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

I hope you can keep it up - and if you feel like crash-tackling me up there in the last couple of kms, you're more than welcome :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Of course you can Tesso. No doubt about that!

See you this weekend :-)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I reckon you will run 96 mins and beat Miners! Go for it. No crash tackling needed.

10:32 PM  
Blogger owen said...

Nice work Tesso! I believe in you!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

YEAH WHAT BLKBOX says!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gronk said...

LOL. That sounds like a plan ! Best of luck Tess! :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Of course you can do it Tess! You'll cruise it in :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I was looking at pace/goals last night.... I am not sure what I want to aim for. I do not want to set an unrealistic goal, but then if you do not try....

12:36 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Yes, sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and just see what happens. What have you got to lose if you have a wee crash at the end?

12:41 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for Sunday - I'm sure you'll do well. Fingers crossed everything holds up well. Look forward to hearing all about it. And what songs are you planning on listening to during the race? Have you heard the Sinead O'Connor song - "Daddy I'm fine" - would make a great running song.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home