Friday, June 16, 2006

The Same But Different

This morning rather than have a bit of a sleep in (my day off) before my run I went to the Friday Pat session. There was no intention to go flat out again, but just go along at a nice steady pace. Standing at South Bank at 5:40am in the cold (not quite 10 degrees - brrrrr) I questioned my decision.

But as usual once we got moving it wasn't too bad. Tara and Ciaran also backed up from yesterday so the three of us just hung in towards the back of the pack. It was great, though we weren't really pushing it we weren't plodding either. After the 2 x 5 mins the hill reps started so we headed out on our own (not to be left out Ciaran also has a dodgey knee) and did 1 x 4 mins and 1 x 3 mins up towards the Edward St entrance of The Gardens. We ran back to The Ship Inn with the group and threw in the hill up to Vulture St with them before warming down.

It felt good to be there even if it wasn't a 100% effort. And Jan thanked us for the cheering :-) Might have to do the Friday thing more often.

Now its mid afternoon and I can't drag myself away from the Comrades site. Its so much fun tracking people's progress and sending and reading messages. One of the Regatta gang, Matt, is over there racing (#30606). I'm also keeping watch over CR Tuttle (#32077) and of course Magnus (#30751). I really should go to the gym. Considering they haven't even been on the road 2 hours I suppose they'll still be going when I get back.

4 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Thanks for the heads up Tesso i will check that site out too!

Hope your feeling better after the gym.
Cheers R2B

5:48 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

The Comrades site sounds interesting. I suppose I don't know much about other running sites. I found Coolrunning and haven't ventured far past that.

10:13 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

You are going great Tesso, remember to have an easy day!

4:37 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Tesso

Hi from Sydney (same suburb as Go Girl). Congrats on your training. I've followed your blog and want to say well done on your injury recovery program.
10 degrees cold ? Try -2 here!
BTW, we share the same year of birth - I hope you feel as young too!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home