Thursday, June 01, 2006

Missed It By That Much

Being the Thursday after our 3k TT today at Pat's was 'a light enjoyable 50 minute run' followed up by the no watch 1k. After his first Pat session on Tuesday new kid on the block Mark (iliketoast) was back for more. Knowing that running a little faster hurts less (well, my knee anyway) I headed off with him. Chelle, who is looking super duper fit for her debut marathon at the GC, and Tara soon caught up. It was just like our Saturday morning runs, only a bit faster, and with a few people missing (hi Clairie!!!).

I was happy to get to the usual spot in the 27 minutes before we turned around, though was the breathing was heavy. Still, it was better than running slower and risking knee pain. Soon we were back at The Gardens for the start of the 'no watch 1k'.

For this everybody seems to nominate roundish numbers (eg 3:50, 4:05, 4:30, 4:45 etc). I was going to put down 4:35 but feeling a little radical this morning I wrote 4:36. Throughout the 1k I had now idea how fast or slow I was running, I've lost all my sense of pace. Or so I thought. I finished in 4:35 - argh!!!!

Our post run (free!) brekky was indoors at The Ship Inn (Brisso's are wusses when it comes to cold weather). Pat wandered around and handed out the random draw raffle tickets. There was a winner to the left of me (Toasty scored a t-shirt) and a winner to the right of me (Chelle scored some socks). I was stuck in the middle with my pancakes :-)

13 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

well now all I have in my head is this;

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

and that MORE socks too ;)

3:43 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Still, pancakes are not a bad thing! Anyway, sounds like you are running again - how's it going? Fingers crossed you are on the improve now and it will only get better and better!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Mmmmm, pancakes.
Sounds like you are getting back to your old running self and I like that attitude. Just run fast because it hurts when I go slow!

4:33 PM  
Blogger miners said...

hee hee! love the time prediction thingy - I pictured a beautiful Lucy Van Pelt peanuts type "argh" there

5:26 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

but nonetheless that is freakishly good pacing!! nice work and sounds like a great run allround. mmm pancakes...

5:41 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Would you believe....

Hehehe great to see you running well again Tesso - does me old heart good ;-)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hmmm Pancakes.... (drool)

At least it was a minute off in the right direction :-)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I meant second!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I am taking you off the injury list and declaring you fit to resume full running duties .....

"subject to all the regular disclaimers that the lawyers would advise me of and the fact that i have no professional credentials on the matter"

how good can it get!!!! .... starting the day running alongside Tesso ... thanks

7:06 PM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

Interesting that you hurt less when you're running fast. It's something that I encountered when I had ITBFS and at the time I put it down to the fact that when I run at a tempo pace, I run with better form. Not sure though. Possible thesis topic? Good to see you're having a good time, even if you didn't get a prize!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Great to hear that things are starting to look up and great stuff with the time trial with no watch......1 second!


Stu

9:15 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Pat's group sounds like such fun, Tesso. Wish I was there. Like the others have said or suggested your post has got a real 'return to the good old days' feel about it. Take care mate!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's not a bad place to be Tesso

;-)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home