Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To My Fellow Bloggers Who Did Warwick

Jen - Thank you so much for coming up and for talking the others into it as well. I'm sure it was your enthusiasm that got them to Warwick. You got through the weekend seemingly effortlessly you will have no choice but to do 'the lot' next time!

Owly - I think you should be called The Fox. Why? Because I think you've been foxing us about your level of fitness. That Sunday morning mountain climb is one of the toughest and you did it with ease. I was barely over the line myself and I turned around to see you and the others there. We are on to you!

Miners - Congrats on five really great runs. I was a bit worried when you joined the NSW team, I figured any QLD team was gone for sure. It was such a long drive for you, I hope you didn't regret for one minute making the journey. I'm glad we got to see your pretty red bike :-) And to see you run in the big girls blouse.

Cirque and the C's (Owen and Jorden). You guys made the weekend so much fun. Cirque, it was truly a special moment watching you cross the line in the 5k to reach your goal after the 'Coach To Warwick' pgm. Congrats! C1 and C2 certainly gave not just Miners but many others a bit of a shake up in the races. I laugh every time I think about the new "Owweennnn" warcry a la Throw Momma From The Train :-)

Clairie and her Clan - Clairie you ran brilliantly after a less than perfect build up. Big thanks to Al for waiting for me on the road during the half because he knew I needed my numbing spray when really I'm sure he would've much rather been at the 'action' area of the race watching you battling it out. As much as it was great to see young Matt get podium finishes in each of his races I'm afraid we'll have to work out some way of slowing him down, he's getting too fast for my liking. And Clairie, you stopping and making sure Toasty was okay in the 5k and then running with him was probably what pushed you out of the top 5 ladies. But I know if you had your time again you wouldn't do it any differently.

Chelle - you champion! What a collection of bling. Girl, you are on fire. The GC is going to be sooooo good for you. I can't wait to see what you come up with there. My only disappointment was the most important bling was left at home :-)

Hannah - woohoo! I can't say enough good things about you. You never cease to amaze me with your progress. When you flew past me in the 1500m there was no way I was going to catch you. I'm just glad you are a spring chicken and not in my category! GC will be very good for you too.

Shane - another return from injury legend. Congrats for collecting bling in every race. And thank you so much for bringing little Samuel out with you for all we girls to oooh and aaaah over. He's even cuter in person. I'm sure he gave me a wave as I trotted past him in the x-country :-) Another couple of years and he'll be zipping down the main drag of Warwick in the 1500m.

Tank Girl - unbelievable. Did Boony piggyback you around the 80k at Glasshouse last week? It baffles me how you can back up after that and run so well race after race. And take out second place in the open in each race. Thanks for bringing little Charlie along for us all to witness his debut on the running scene.

Iliketoast - the trip out there with you, Glenno and Lizzle was so much fun and the return to Brissie was even funner (is that a word???)! I am soooooo glad we talked you into this one, you were wavering for a while. Just a pity your toast hating wife couldn't make it as well. Congrats on some great results. Pity about the heart attack mid competition, your total time may have been a minute or two less if you didn't have to stop to be revived.

Matty - what a shame you were crook and couldn't run. Then again, every time I saw you watching on I corrected my running form because I knew you'd go mad at me if I was overcompensating for my dodgey knee. So for me you being out wasn't a bad thing. I'm looking forward to another great read in R4YL when you write this one up.


So much fun to be had, so little time. I just wish there was more of it on the weekend to spend with everyone. To the southerners who made the journey up here thank you so much for believing us about what a ball the Pentath-Run is and making the effort to get here from so far away. Here's hoping more will follow in your footsteps.

To any others reading this that weren't there, we'll see ya in Warwick in 2007 :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done on toughing it out. Good report too. Looks like a lot of fun. Best wishes on the recovery and comeback.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you for talking me into coming Tesso. I had a fab time & will certainly be back next year - but no, I'm not doing all 5. I'm going to conserve my energy so I can conquer that hill!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Pity it is on the same weekend as SMH Half. One of my ex girlfriends cousins lives in Warwick. Maybe I will have to avoid the race in case I run into her. eek!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sounds like a great weekend Tesso, maybe one time it won't conflict the the SMH (or I'll get bored with SMH, unlikely....)

Also good to hear you have the injury sussed out, now to get on with it!

11:14 PM  
Blogger miners said...

After competing in the SMH in 2005, and now the pentath in 2006, it's going to be an easy decision next year :)

btw - it looks like I have at least 3 others from Port Mac (incl one blogger) who are interested in sharing the driving with me next year!

Thanks for contributing so much positive energy to the entire weekend. It was so infectious, it was impossible not to have fun - no matter how much I was hurting.

The owen, jordan and tesso warcries will live on at GC ;)

10:13 AM  
Blogger TD said...

You certainly did make Warwick (my birth place) sound like a lot of fun. Miners referred to your infectious positive energy. Is it for sale? I would certainly like to get some of it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

The SMH Half vrs Warwick. That's a tough one Tesso.

Great summary of the people who made it special.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I knew someone would remember everyone!~! Trust it to be Tesso Mrs. PR Machine.

HOpe you are recovering well, I am just on my way to Newcastle but I will call ya later.

Thanks for getting me out to Warwick and making sure I had someone to whisper my woes to. Was great to chill out in your room and rub cream on me between races!! Also I think you were my only other red wine conspirator - will have to convert some others before next year.

Hope this mornings session went well.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

WoohOO! :) Thanks for making the weekend so much fun - and for adopting me whilst I waited for my roomies to arrive :)

Bring on next year, I reckon!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

now you have Susan doing it!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home