Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Not Out Of The Woods Yet

By Sunday (after three days of the anti-inflams) the pain in my knee was gone - yay! Still I thought I'd wait two more days before giving it a test run.

Set out yesterday afternoon and started with five minutes running, one minute walking. Got to the 3k mark and stopped to do some stretches, and was pretty happy that, unlike a week ago, I could bend my leg to do a quad stretch. Turned for home doing the run/walk thing but by about 4k my knee was starting to hurt so from then on it was mostly walking.

The pain was nothing like last week and after I stopped it disappeared altogether. I was thinking of seeing how things were after another five days of anti-inflams but decided to book in for an MRI just in case so rang the doc's office. They're calling back this morning with the details. I'm sure something's not right and I want to get this sorted so at least I can have a good second half of the year.

And speaking of the latter part of 2006 I have found a new goal race. I'm gonna do a 'Jen' and see if anyone can guess what it is :-)

Meanwhile I'll have another short run/walk tomorrow morn. I might even get out of bed really really early and go to Pat's and just start out and finish with them. It would be so good to catch up with Clairie and the gang there. And there's a special pancake brekky afterwards :-)

Hmmm, wonder if my alarm clock still works ....

18 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hey Tesso - sounds like a great idea to make sure you keep on top of everything. i want to watch your crazy exploits (whatever they may be!) for the next half of the year too.

And no security guards unfortunately - but it was the gates to the botanic gardens not the opera house (just near the opera house!) so i suspect they don't really care! hmm - next time i could try running into the house? hehe

E

10:13 AM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Six Foot dragging Johnny Dark along with you?

Hey I was more into walk 3mins, run 2mins. Now that felt good. It seems 2 mins walk worked out ok to start. Just don't push it too hard.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Heh matey, glad to see you post again.

Can't wait to catch up tomorrow.Though you may have to run for more than 4km just to get through the amount of gossip we both have by now!!

Great news that you have sorted the MRI out. Though if the anti-inflams are working I am curious that whatever you have causing you pain is a degenerative condition. So could be that you are back on the road quite quickly now.

Well you will be of course - seeing as you are going to be at Warwick. Spoke to Paula on the phone there this morning, they have a great response of applicants already. Must remember to post mine one day soon!!!!!

Seeee ya!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Toowoomba Marathon Tesso?

Enjoy the pancakes.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Not 6ft (or 12ft!!!).

Not Toowoomba Marathon either.

12:02 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Yeah, it'd be good to get that knee looked at properly so you can get it fixed right up soon.

I don't suppose that with Jen in your ear on the weekend it's any of the multitude of Glasshouse events in September?! :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I'll go for Pan Pacific Master's Games in November.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hmmm.... ? Sydney Marathon, but you have probably picked somthing mor obscure. Hint??? Glad it is better.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Interstate?? Brindabella Classic
Local - Glasshouse 55K (Sep), Bribie Beach Bash (Oct)

As you can see I have no idea, the possibilities are endless when it comes to a person who can run over 100km :)

Good news about the knee, I hope the MRI shows no major issues. Hopefully this will answer some questions and speed up the recovery process. Take care.

12:54 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Coast to Kosci!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

That's great news Tess. I should get some of them there drugs myself! Hope it continues to improve and the MRI shows that your knees are in good shape.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

First woman to complete C2K has a nice ring to it.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Tesso, good to see some improvement. The MRI sounds like the way to go. As for the race, I really don't want to think about it, I just want to see you running freely again first. After that, I'm sure the worthy goals will surely follow.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

yep - I'm with the others. Knowing you, my first thought was C2K!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Here's hoping it all get better for you soon Mate!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

A good small step Tesso. Enjoy moving with the others tomorrow.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I hope it's sydney marathon but that's what I would choose. I bet it's more like an ultra and even the full Kurrawa would fit that. The pull to the dark side is strong in you I fear.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Hey Tesso, gotta love those pancakes, as you know the Sri Chinmoy get many returning just for the pancakes!

Keep smiling


Stu

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home