Sunday, May 28, 2006

Morning After Pill

Its been a while since I've gone straight to a run from night shift so I was extra careful when packing everything Friday night. I might have had two sets of running clothes just in case (of what, I'm not sure) but forgot one vital thing, my anti-inflams. I ended up having time to duck into home before meeting the others at the Regatta at 6am, and was tempted to have it then but didn't as they should be taken with food, so had it with my post run brekky.

I was hoping to do around 14 or 15k and ended up running alongside Fat Craig Mottram for quite a while. For me this meant going a little faster than I would have otherwise but it didn't seem to be doing any harm ITB wise, my knee was fine. At about 6k I thought I should stop and stretch and let him go on. After this the pain slowly started to come on. Damn! I got another 1 1/2k, did some more stretching, then turned for home. At around the 12k mark the pain was bad enough to force me to walk a little.

I'm wondering if I didn't have that first stop and the subsequent stops if things would have been different. And missing the Friday night anti-inflam might have attributed to the pain, not sure.

13 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

Never heard of morning after anti-inflam pills. Hope the knee gets better soon Tesso.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Note to self: always carry anti-inflams everywhere I go.
For me this use to mean - packet at work, packet in gym bag, packet at home!

7:13 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Sounds like a sensible approach on your run.

Superflake, I would say the morning-after anti-inflam pills are to prevent any unwanted swelling.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

That was a jaw-dropping heading Tesso.

Fat Craig Mottram would still be an awesome runner - brilliant that you can keep up with him ;)

8:20 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

And if the dog hadn't of stopped it might have caught the rabbit... guess we will never know Tesso.

LOL the answer to no food is to carry Zantac as well - that way you have the remedy if your tummy plays up - not that I would ever do that....... seriously though good to hear you didn't end up pregnant ;-)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

*ROTFLMAO* Don't DO that to me! I read that title and figured you were giving Shane a run for his money in the baby stakes! *LOL*

Who is fat craig mottram? Dare I ask? ;)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

My favourite from "Cover The World" is No Woman No Cry.

Hopefully Everything is going to be alright ( with your injuries).

10:00 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

brilliant!

a great post .... leaves me lost for words .... or at least words i dare write

10:17 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Ouch....now that must have been seriously painful to make you walk!!!

Take it easy coming back and listen to your body. And don't forget the little pills!!!

Are you still seeing the physio and massuse? Hope it all gets sorted so you are running pain free very soon.

xxx

8:16 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Take care Tess!! Stopping to stretch whenit is tight is a good plan... it will eventually sort itself out.

12:46 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Gee that's a vesatile pill ;)
Yeah, I reckon the knee just played up because you gave it some attention...but I'm no doctor so don't listen to me!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

I know your problem.

Not enough beer! ;-)

Was it just coincidence that the pain started after the stretching?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

You should never forget your protection Tesso - do we need to have a talk?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home