Tuesday, May 30, 2006

3K Time Trial

With just one speed session under my belt in 3 months I knew this morning's time trial wasn't going to be flash. Thinking about it I can't recall ever being so calm about the TT, there wasn't a hint of any nervousness at all. So maybe getting injured does have some advantages :-) I did have a goal though. In the back of my mind was sub 13:14, the result of my first ever Pat TT back in November 2003. Still, I really thought I'd be closer to 14 minutes.

What a surprise to see Mark (aka ChillyPants, GPS Boy, Iliketoast) in the crowd waiting to get going. Welcome to the group Toasty - don't go getting too fast now!

I ran the warmup mostly with Ally, hearing about some of her travel tales. She was pretty much in the same boat, not a lot of running lately and I thought that maybe we'd be aiming for a similar time.

There was quite a crowd, and lining up to start somebody commented it felt the start of a fun run! "Can You Feel It" was playing loudly on the ghetto blaster as we took off.

I got to halfway in around 6m28s so was confident of going under 14 mins. Ally was just meters in front for most of the way and from a couple hundred meters out I finally managed to catch up to her and we sprinted in together. I'm sure I would have been a couple of seconds slower if she wasn't there - thanks mate! Time - 13:06. Its quite a ways off my PB from Feb last year (11:53) but it is better than I hoped for.

Chatting to Clairie afterwards we made a pact that it was time to get serious again - can't wait!

Happy as Larry!!!

17 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

Me too (larry) .... happy to see you coming across that finish line .... just one of the things that made my day.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Pretty damn good considering your recent injury.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I couldnt believe it Tess, I barely had time to catch my breath and there you (and Ally) were flying down the chute. Thats fantastic, you and Clairie will be flying the girlie flag at the front of the pack before you know it again.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

What about Curly and Moe?

Good run Tesso. Class.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Noice. Well an truly on the way back.

And in reply to a certain comment you left over at my place, yes, I was most certainly told to take some breathcare.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

You and Clairie making a pact about getting serious...now that is scary.

I saw Ally when I was out running on Sunday. In fact I can't remember seeing so many runners out on a Sunday. The crazy people were everywhere.

8:59 PM  
Blogger miners said...

and you say you're injured??

Perfect time to get your speed back tess, what with all your expectant fans at GC and C2S around the corner

9:18 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I take it that you're well and truly back.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Drowning your sorrows one minute and happy as larry the next......

Ya gotta love an injury that makes you run fast (so you can be painfree).

Like I said on Tuesday morning...I am not looking forward to running our 30km runs at 4min/km pace :) but should be worth a try.

I woke up with a cold this morning so no mid week run for me today. Seeing as I will be on a plane for 4hrs tonight I thought it best to get my rest. Maybe tomorrow if I am feeling better I will run around Darwin.

Anyhow hope the leg pulled up ok. I'm in agony with my hip but still just taking things one day at a time.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

It's a rollercoaster ride reading your blog Tess. Glad your on the up though. Nice and easy now ;-)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

Very impressive TT, you'll be flying in time.

11:35 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Good stuff...that's a great way to start a comeback :)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Thats awesome Tesso. Well done!

Larry looks very happy.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Happy as Curly to read you're getting back onto the speed.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anything I can do, you can do better!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Tess it is just so nice to be running again! I am trying to remeber how frustrating it felt to not run and not too woory about how slow I am :-) I did not say it is working very well! Woo Hoo to you!!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done Tesso! Good to see you're
back into it!


Stormbikes:)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home