Saturday, June 10, 2006

Doing a Clairie

As part of the PCRG training camp I'm doing my long run down the coast tomorrow morn. So today's run was just going to be an easy 10k. Yet another perfect morning for it - overcast and there was the odd touch of light rain, but not at all cold or windy.

Tori, Jan, Flasher and I were leading the way for a couple of kms until Chris, Jen and co finally caught up and flew by. I started chatting with Julie and that meant hanging on the the back of that pack and running just a little faster than planned. After stopping for water at the Goodwill I spotted Glenno heading my way so waited for him. We were so busy talking I totally forgot to turn around at the 5k mark so figured I'd do so at 6k while he continued on. Time for the first 6k - 31:30.

I ran the 6k back on my own and upped the pace. Then with 3k to go I thought I'd try Clairie's trick from yesterday of going faster with each km. Ran the 6k home in 28:46.

Knee pain today - maybe 1.5 on the Richter Scale :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Your on a training camp?Awesome!Wish i could do one of those.
By my calculations if you were running at the same pace for the first 9km (5:15/km) then you must have completed the last 3km in 13mins or 4:20 pace.Not too shabby at all!!

Co incidentally i have right knee pain at 1.5 intensity too...after a hilly 9miles yesterday.

Cheers R2B

3:09 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

Go Tesso!
Always nice to finish a session off with a few fast ones.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thats a great run Tess... I might try that on one of my runs. Good practice for racing... not going out too hard and then picking up the pace.
Oooh 1.5 on the richter scale is an improvement... woo hoo!!!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Yep, good run Tesso. The knee seems to be holding up too.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see the knee holding up Tesso. Good solid run with a burst at the end. It sure feels good, doesn't it?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Good strong finish.

Have fun at Camp Pat.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

The knee is improving every time I read, that is great news.

It certainly feels good to blow the cobwebs out at the end or during the session, I done a similar thing yesterday aswell.

I wont say enjoy your long run because you would have already completed it so I hope it went well and the knee pulled through with flying colours.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Tes, at least the knee pain isn't 1.6 on the scale, then you'd have problems. Sounds like it's all going well for you.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Good stuff there Tesso. Look after that bloody knee ok?

5:51 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

You should try "camping" out here.. it is snowing! What a contrast to last week.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home