Friday, June 09, 2006

I Can See My House From Here

At training yesterday, after the warmup to West End and before we got stuck into the serious stuff, Pat reminded us just how close the Gold Coast Marathon/Half/10k were and exactly what we'd be doing between now and then. There's not a lot of hard sessions left and so he really encouraged us to give our all. The mood was set! The music started blaring and we were off.

We did 4 mins hard, 30 secs recovery, another 4 mins hard, 30 secs recovery, and the turned and ran flat out for 8 mins or whatever it took to get back to the start. I really enjoyed this one, probably because its longer reps. I feel so slow on the shorter ones. As Langy said, on those you need explosive speed, of which I have very little. None in fact.

Heading out on the two lots of four I had a goal to get as close to my place (on the opposite side of the river) as I could and was pretty happy to pull up right across from it. When we do this one again the goal will be to get over the top of the little hill just after that.

Scotty was the next person in front of me, maybe 30 or 40 meters ahead. On the run for home I was determined to get back to the start without him passing me. I did it ... just! I harboured thoughts of trying ot hold off Toasty as well, but he was on fire and screamed past like a man possessed.

The knee hurt a little, but only in the warmdown. At least these days the pain doesn't last after I stop. Must be on the improve :-)

I'm wondering how hard I can work in the next three weeks and what a realistic target is for the GC Half. At the moment its sub 100 mins but just how 'sub' I'm undecided.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Geez, sounds like competitive training! I think I would have just swum across the river and gone home :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be careful over the next few weeks, Tess..I want to hear that you're at the start in good nick!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Sounds like you had a good workout Tesso. That Toasty hadn't been into the curry again I hope.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

What a great session! When we start triathlon training we can run and then swim across to your place!!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

You're running so well on the comeback I wouldn't be surprised if your 'B' sample was positive like Wendalls.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great to read some positive running stuff again on your blog mate. Well done!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Thats it Tess Fire up!! Your the best!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay!! sounds like a top session and not long to go now!! look after yourself!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

How about a different goal for GC like to negative split or to break it into 4 sections and run 10sec/K quicker for each section. Just something different for fun.

Have fun at camp and try that "still nose you thing, ears since i've seen you, glad your back" routine.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home