Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Beautiful One Day, (almost) Perfect The Next

Had the alarm set for 5.40am to join the Regatta Runners for a 6am start but being my day off couldn't be bothered getting out of bed so early. I hit the road just before 7.30 and instead of the usual Wednesday morning gang for company it was just my iPod. Today's playlist consisted purely of duets :-)

Ran down the bike path, over the Vic Bridge then headed towards West End. At the Modern Arts Museum construction site I was held up by a traffic controller - can't recall that ever happening on a pedestrian boardwalk before! There was a runner just in front who also had to stop so we had a quck chat. He was wearing a 2005 Melbourne Trailwalker singlet. His team came in 4th in around 15 hours.

Got stopped at the other end of the construction site on my way back too. I'd love to see the looks on these guys faces if they are still there when 75 of us from Pat's try to run through after the next TT :-)

I spotted Lizzle just as I was about to go back over the bridge towards home. She also had decided on the sleep in option.

All up around 12k on an another absolutely perfect morning for running - sunny, just a little cool, and the slightest hint of a breeze at times. The only way it could possibly get any better than that is if my knee didn't hurt with a couple of kms to go. After stopping and stretching and walking about 100 meters it was okay enough to run the rest of the way home.

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Looks like your bad omen was a furphy - great to see the comeback still coming back ;-)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I waited for Lizzle this morning then set off on my own, then Radar told me you were running with the 6am group so I raced down to meet them on the way back and bumped into Tara - who said you had not been there at the start.

And here I was thinking you had gotten up EARLIER and gone running without me before work but you were actually sleeping in!!! *groan**

You were right about it being beautiful out there this morning. A wonderful day for a run even if I had to run with myself. Funnily enough I was thinking of you often as I had Dolly Parton and other great 'Tesso' suggestions on my music this morning that had me laughing and bopping away as I ran.....

In regards to your injuries it sounds like the pain is taking longer and longer to kick in and is not as severe. Though I would still be a cautious person and keep an eye on it. Now that we have you back we don't want to lose you again...

2:43 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Good to see you getting back to your former, fantastic self. Thal bloody knee was going to drive me nuts!

3:01 PM  
Blogger miners said...

stop teasing us southerners with fancy blog titles like that

9:32 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Tesso.... you know how to make us sydneites go green!!!!

That knee will get there!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

It's a pitty about your knee, not quite right. Seems to be taking it's time. I'm sure it'll come good.

11:45 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Aren't those little sleep ins are nice...and it gives the sun a chance to make it's presence felt and brighten up the run :)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home