Thursday, June 15, 2006

Newton's 3rd Law

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction ...

After two night shifts I felt a bit like a walking zombie when I turned up at Pat's this morning. You know when you're really tired that even talking (well, grumbling in today's case) hurts, well that's how I felt. Though the voice thing may have had something to do with woohoo-ing for 80 mins last night watching the Mighty Maroons do their stuff :-)

Today was 2 x 5 minute sprints followed by hill reps (though for me no hills and more sprints to look after my knee). A tough workout, or any at all, was the last thing I felt doing so before we started our strides I contemplated just having an easy run and coming back tomorrow for another go at this. Toasty suggested I work hard but run slow ... still trying to figure that one out!

After the strides we were off through the back paths of The Gardens I totally forgot about being tired and just got into it and ran as flat out as I could.

With the two lots of 5 mins done we moved around to the River Stage for the rest of the class to do 'the hill'. Tara, also of dodgey knee fame, is avoiding hills as well so she said she'd join me in whatever I was doing. Damn, no chance of bludging! We set off on a sprint, 2 mins out and 2 mins back. On our return the group were still running up and down the hill so we set off again did 1 1/2 mins out and 1 1/2 mins back. This time we arrived to find they'd all gone and so we had to bolt to catch up.

I ran the warmdown with Karen M, who is also just coming back from injury. We agreed that the thing we missed the most about not being able to run was the PCRG - the sessions, the people, and even Pat :-)

Its sooooooo good to be back!

9 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

What I meant was put the effort in for a tired person and do not worry about the speed. As it turned out you did it all anyway and were looking good on both 5 minute sprints.

I'm really enjoying doing Pats with you and agree that part of it is the Pat.

4:32 PM  
Blogger miners said...

It's sooooo good to hear that you're back :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

noooo it's not the Pat....its the Tesso~!!!!!

Great session. I am jealous of this one but am going to avoid it tomorrow.
After the hills today my back is quite achy and the legs are tired.

I will still do regatta but just nice and flat and see if I have the energy to bring it home fast.

Great to hear that even tired out there you were able to put in some good efforts. Also good to hear Tara backing up from Wed session with you today.

GO QUEENSLANDERS!!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I think that after a few night shifts I would have just stayed in bed.

Good on you!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Look out - she's back :-)

Sensational Tesso - I'm soooooooooo happy for you!

8:54 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like a solid session was just what you needed for a lift.
Like the rest of the NSW contingent I'm going to block out your Origin comment...lalalalala
lol

10:08 AM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction ...
Hey, I remember that stuff from school, and that was many years ago.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Hey Tesso, re your question on my blog about the stats re visitors, they come from my site meter, http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s20stumac

URL tags not allowed???


Stu

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home