Thursday, June 22, 2006

The World Really Is Wonderful

Thanks to everyone for all the comments after my "tell it like it is Tuesday" post. They were all very much appreciated and taken on board. And special thanks to Robert Song for his football comment, I can't wait to surprise everyone when I slip that into the conversation at work today :-)

Back to the TT, in hindsight its not so much the time I ran that disappointed me but how I ran, I really didn't put enough effort into it. I guess I was pretty knackered from two straight night shifts. Anyway, next month I intend to finish and feel like Steve FS did after his massive PB (24 secs) on Tuesday ...



Today at Pat's was the usual easyish run followed by the '1k no watch'. Clairie and I decided yesterday that we'd go a bit hard for this one and aim to get to the New Farm Bowls Club in the 27 minutes before we turned around. Neither of us had got that far before. We got there in 26:15 :-) Clairie stopped to do a shoelace up and feeling the pinch I turned for home and told her to catch me, which she soon did and then she continued to catch just about everyone else.

I was more than happy just to try to maintain the pace all the way back to The Gardens and finished the 9.6k in just under 45 mins.

To salvage a bit of self respect after Tuesday I'd nominated 4:10 for the 1k, though was happy with what how I'd run already so wasn't gonna be too down on myself it I couldn't do it. Within a few hundred meters Mark (iliketoast) was beside me, he had nominated 4:16. When I told him my time he stuck with me until the end, blowing his own chance of winning, and encouraging me and talking to me the whole way. It was great - thanks Toasty. Then when we finished he apologised because we were 5 seconds out ... we did 4:05 not 4:10 - woohoo! I'm not sure if its spot on 1k, but its close.

So a good morning .... but wait, there's more.

We had another yummy pancake and fresh fruit salad brekky after the session. Aaaaand I won a $50 Ship Inn voucher :-)

Do I really have to ruin such a great day by going to work this arvo ....

9 Comments:

Blogger PortRunr said...

Great morning...so combining today's 1km with tuesday you're 1 second up on balance!
Aren't you feeling a bit sick for work this arvo...cough cough ;)

11:41 AM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

"The World Really Is Wonderful". Of course it is. Friday doubly so. (coming soon to a workplace near you)

11:43 AM  
Blogger miners said...

A GREAT morning. Can't even remember the last time I ate pancakes :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Now I have a song stuck in my head ;-) Good work tesso!!! Thats a nice 1km. Both Deanne and Ali are debuting! It is getting exciting.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I've got to start eating pancakes again. Maybe I'll get some luck and win something!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Fabulous morning, great run - great company.

Thanks again for pushing me the whole way. Even when I went past Tara, I wouldn't have until you urged me on. Sometimes that's all we need.

You deserved that award today. You encourage so many people and it really really does help.

I think you should be running the half with me next Sunday. Time to feel the pain again :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Ooooooo- run the half :)


You did so well this morning Tesso, you were flying and that (amongst other reasons) is why you got the group award. We all knew you could do it, hopefully now you do too!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done on bouncing back in the 1 km.

You need $50 worth of pancakes and cocaine for the next speed work ;-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I guess your football credibility is even lower now if you followed my advice! At least I wasn't recommending Kalac to be goalie!!!!!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home