Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Gangs All Here

With the Gold Coast just two weeks away there was no need for the marathoners to start early for a long run. So this morning everybody who was running fronted for a 6am start.

It seems like forever since the usual group had run together, what with me being injured, Glenno and his glandular fever, Clairie being away lots of weekends, Toasty, Lizzle and Scotty doing long runs etc etc. Heading out along the floating walkway to New Farm somebody commented it was like the family was back together, though a few of the rellies had done a shorter run and a couple of them were just turning up for brekky afterwards :-) With such great company my pace and distance was decided for me, I just wanted to hang in with the rest of them and have fun like the old days.

We cruised on out to New Farm Park and because we are all tapering (and we were all feeling lazy) skipped the usual lap before heading back. All up just over 20k. The trusty Garmin told me we averaged 5:10 pace but it didn't feel that fast.

Both knees were feeling a little sore afterwards, not so much the ITB, just general soreness. Not sure what that's all about. I hit the gym in the afternoon and did about half an hour of stretching and will do the same tomorrow. I'll skip the morning run I'd been half thinking about and take Monday off as well. Which means I'll be well rested for Tuesday's time trial. So there'll be no excuses ... except I have to work all night Monday. Whew, I think I just snuck one in :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

General soreness Tesso. That bugger gets me a lot too.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

General soreness Tesso. That bugger gets me a lot too.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I also enjoy the runs where everyone is back and we all start together . It had been a long time since this happened.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Hope you finish celebrating the state of origin win by Gold Coast marathon time. Won't be much else to interrupt the celebrations.

Enjoy the taper.

8:19 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Hey Tesso - I can add a few more to the list:Ellen DeGeneres, IceT, Nik Kershaw,Gary Numan, Prince,Simon Le Bon.
And your signature on coolrunning from My Name Is Jack - do you know the history behind the song? (add 10 years to our birth year)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Sounds like it was a good run out there.

12:32 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

What event are you doing next month Tess?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Glad you are running those distances again, albeit with the odd ache and pain. Whoever said being fit makes you healthy? I was also wondering what you are doing at Gold Coast...full or half? Apologies for my inattentiveness.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

It sounds like you are back in great form.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home