Friday, June 23, 2006

Robin Hood

Backed up for another Pat session this morning. It was 2 minute efforts and after pushing it a bit yesterday I thought I run this one at about 80-90%.

Flying along in one of the efforts 'T' mentioned to me how good a certain guy up ahead looked in his long Skins. Ha ha, no wonder she was running so fast! Hmmm, come to think of it all the girls were :-)

I needed to be at work by 7am and no later and so had to keep a close eye on the time. It was after 6.30 when we started the last effort, and following it we were to keep on going and do a couple of reps of "Gold Coast Hill", the killer climb next to All Hallows. Running along I was trying to decide ... will I go up the hill and risk being late for work or just keep on running back to South Bank?

I was just about to head up the hill and I saw Anita was going back so gave it a miss (I'm sure my knee appreciated it) and seized the opportunity for some company on the warmdown. There was a girl right behind us for a while so we started chatting, turns out she was Customs Jogger from Canberra. I rattled off a few names to her but she didn't know them and then before I could find out hers she was off in another direction.

I was back at the car at 6:45 and at the desk about a minute before 7am - whew!

13 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

Maybe she's not from Canberra - everyone knows everyone here! But as far as Customs goes, if you see her again, regular customs runners who are CR bloggers are Flashduck, Aki, Friar, Allrounder, and of course speedygeoff; And then there's "flashdrake", Martin Dent, many others.... all very well known!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - well skins definitely don't leave a lot to the imagination - pat sounds quite innovative - maybe its a new training tool!

1:26 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Can't say I've ever run the Custom's jog.

So you didn't do a few repeats of Gold Coast Hill? - actually your knee was probably very very thankful you didn't! besides I did enough the other day for both of us! Have a great weekend!

2:46 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

By the way, congrats on the Best Member award! :-)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Firstly, well done on the grand. I hope to get there this weekend.

I can't recall who said this, but it was a famous long distance runner, "I don't run slowly, I know how to do that already" or words to that effect. I believe he was saying it tongue in cheek.

Is it official with your name change?

5:11 PM  
Blogger miners said...

hey - nice scheduling. I always end up being 20 minutes late in those situations.

5:15 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

To "Terrific Tesso"
My first comment was tongue in cheek. I don't doubt she was from Canberra. Where else but sunny Brisbane would you want to go in June and July if you lived in Canberra! Shorts and t shirts are distant memories at this time of year.......

6:05 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Seems to me you are catching up on lost time ... better be there on Saturday morning.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Do you have showers and chage rooms at work? I reckon you would need them with 15 mins to spare.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey I like the shower and change PB!! Very nice ;-) I pride myself on how quickly I can et from car to desk... down to a fine art :-)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you using varied motivational methods in helping you run fast. ;-) Nice speedwork in getting to your desk on time as well.

5:37 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Intrigued to know who that Customs Jogger is from Canberra. And by the way I run in tights too but down here they are survival kit not just a fashion statement for the ladies.

2:52 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

car at 6.45 desk by 7?
with those transition skills you should be a traithlete!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home