Sunday, July 09, 2006

Green Light Go

Been pretty busy this past week and haven't had much time to blog. Also my modem is playing up like a second hand lawnmower and will only co-operate every now and then. The Help Desk at Telstra should be called The Desk.


TUESDAY
Had my first post GC Half run on Tuesday. JD and I hit the bike path and were cruising along at about 5:10 pace. We crossed the Goodwill Bridge and ran back through South Bank then over the Vic Bridge. 3k from home the pace picked up to a sub 5, then the next one was even faster as he egged me on to chase a girl in front. The final one was 4:29, it was a bit tough as he stirred me up to catch up and pass another girl. Hmmm, I'm thinking alteria motives here ;-) All up 10k in just under 51 mins. The quads were a little sore from Sunday's effort, but not too bad.


WEDNESDAY
Just for something different on Wednesday we headed in the opposite direction up to UQ. The pace was a little slower than Tuesday, but its a hillier run. We ran right to just beyond the end of the outside track - now called the Vat Track in honour of who else but Vat (he trained on it on his last visit to Brissie in the build up to his sub 2:48 Gold Coast Marathon). This took us past the site of the Go-Betweens Bridge currently under construction. Sadly that name didn't make the short list but I reckon we should all call it that anyway.


THURSDAY
Pat's session was just a steady run. I ended up falling in with Jules who is newish to the group, though not newish to running. She's training for Melb Marathon and would like to run sub 3:30 so is my sort of pace. We got as far as New Farm Bowls Club (in 27 mins) before turning back. I think that's a round trip of just over 11k.


SATURDAY
With Vlastik passing through Brisbane we changed our regular Saturday start from The Regatta to New Farm Park. With plans to race at BRRC the next day I was just after a 10k run so hung in with Lizzle and Jenny (from Pat's). We got just past Newstead House before turning back. It was a lovely run, nice and relaxing, and a great opportunity for a chat with the girls.


SUNDAY
BRRC 14k - report to follow. I'm gonna publish this post while my modem lights are still green.


PS Spellchecker wanted to change 'Telstra' to 'tailgaiter' - ha ha, just as annoying :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

So JD was like the quiet little voice in your head making you work harder.... we all need one of those :-) Great to see you have pulled up well from the half... that pesky knee must be almost behind you!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Ditch the dial up and get broadband. I converted just over a month ago and cant think as to why I didn't do it earlier.

No more local calls to connect, you can talk on the phone and be on the net at the same time and much faster so you can download more songs for your ipod.

There you go some helpful info, you can tell I dont work for Telstra :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Yes birthday was a good age group change. Looking forward to getting in a race I can use it well.

9:54 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

And born on the fourth of July 2006 - my new niece Tessa. I just knew you would like that name!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Haven't had any connection or modem problems since I went to Broadband. Just leave the thing connected all day (with a good firewall of course).

11:39 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

You are right .... you have been busy. I think your running has come off dial-up and is on broadband, so your PC should follow.

4:21 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

LOL "The Desk" - I received this anecdot lately:

Mujibar was trying to get into Australia legally through
Immigration.
The Immigration Officer said, "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except there is one more test.
Unless you pass it you cannot enter Australia.
Mujibar said, "I am ready."
The officer said, "Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink and Green."
Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, "Mister Officer, I am ready."
The Officer said, "Go ahead."
Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink it up, and say, 'Yellow, this is Mujibar.'"
Mujibar now works at Telstra, perhaps you have spoken to him!!!!


Hehe sounds like you've been busy.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home