Friday, June 30, 2006

All Over Bar The Shouting

Well, the PCRG 16 week Countdown To Gold Coast is just about over. For me I missed at least half of it due to the ITB injury, but certainly enjoyed being there for the latter part. Thursday was my last session, and it was 30 second efforts.

There was quite a big turnout, and the atmosphere was terrific. Its especially exciting knowing some of the group are venturing out for their first marathon or half marathon.

The session itself wasn't too stressful at all. Pat warned us all to back off a little, now is not the time to be going flat out and doing damage. And being the 30 second thing we were treated to one of his bad jokes. Unfortunately it was the same bad joke he hit the Friday group with when I was there a couple of weeks ago, the one about a grain of rice called Bevan.

Just for a laugh just about everybody nominated Bevan for the group award at the end of the session :-)

So that's it now, the work has been done. Personally I would have liked at least another month or more of training. And I wish I was lining up for the full. But thinking back to where I was six weeks ago I'm happy just to be able to get out there.

Good luck to all competing!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Good half Tesso. Sounds like you had fun. :)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home