Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Positive Negative

I made the most of my day off today and had a wee sleep in before getting out the door for a run around 8.30am. Maybe shift work isn't so bad after all :-)

I was thinking about doing a short river loop (about 20k), or trying to do about 15k at a decent pace. Still undecided I just headed outbound.

I was really struggling, the cold air seems to slow me down. According to the trusty Garmin the water stop at the swings at Graceville was spot on 7.5km (39 mins) and by then I'd had enough so turned for home and make it 15k total. It wasn't until I started heading back that I finally felt like I had warmed up and was able to do the journey home a little quicker (37 mins).

So all up 15k in 1h16m. In the first half I had a couple of kms closer to the 5:30 mark (one was even over it) but average pace was 5:05s due to that nice little negative split.

5 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

"Over the Hill"!!!!!!!!! .... I just checked the title of the previous post and feel the need to reprimand you for saying such a thing.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Sounds like many of my runs, I make it up as I go along. I'm not one for planning.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

A good run there Tess and a great pace for that course. Fab effort. *increase jealousy metre*

Hope you have fun at speed work this morning and put in the effort for me too...

See you later today.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

If you think it's cold there you should try Sydney! It's only 7 degrees this morning... brrr.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

I always just head outbound with no plan, that way when I return home after 6k I dont feel so bad :)

Good run, I think you really need to reconsider your C2S goal, especially after Sundays effort.

67 mins..........Too easy :)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home