Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Over The Hill

A couple of people asked about what I'd consider to be a 'reasonable' C2S time. The goal at the start of the year was to better JD's PB of 61:48, a feat that would force him out of his self imposed C2S retirement. What with my recent injury and lack of speed and hill work I don't think he'll be packing away the tambourine just yet :-)

In 2004 I did 65:05 and in 2005 it was 63:30. All things considered I'd be happy with sub 66.

And thanks for the comments on the modem crisis. I wish it was as simple as converting to broadband but I already have it (ADSL). Another call to 'The Desk' this morning got me no closer to resolving the issue.

*****

I think I'm getting to old for shift work. After working the overnight shift I was totally drained of energy and couldn't drag myself to PCRG this morning. This is the first session I've missed since returning from injury. Pat still has everyone in recovery mode anyway, and it was just going to be a steady run. Funny, if it was a tough session programmed I probably would have made the effort.

To make up for it I went for a run this arvo. Still feeling washed out it was a warm up (aka slow slog) to the Goodwill Bridge for some hill reps. I did 5 on the bridge and then headed in to The Gardens to do another 3 on the short steep grassy slope at the River Stage.

This is the first hill session since the ITB injury and my knee seemed to be holding up okay. After the River Stage reps I went further into The Gardens to where we do our long hill work and do a few more but just running down it there was the slightest niggle in my knee so I didn't risk it and headed home (an even slower slog than the warm up).

Hmmm, I think I'll revise that sub 66 goal to sub 67.

10 Comments:

Blogger Don Juan said...

I feel washed out and drained of energy doing no work. Shift work sounds tough.

Well done on the GC half.

I'd give telstra a wide berth, including its helpless desk.

9:46 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Ah, I remember "The Desk". That's why I am now with netspeed (local Canberra ISP). A little more costly, but pain free.

9:54 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Ah the joys of shiftwork!
I felt like crap yesterday and it was my day off after D/Shift fortunately i have another 6days to recover.

I am thinking of amending my C2S goals also
A goal 60mins Small chance
B goal 63mins very good chance

hmm too much thinking involved time for bed.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Horrie and I spoke to JD on Sunday during the STaR and he said he would be camped at North Bondi Surf Club with the pom poms. Get down to that JD PB and get him off the C2S couch.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I was wondering what happened, it didn't seem the same without you and hope to see you Thursday.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Tessooooooo the only thing over the hill about you are those teeny legs you have when you race up Heartbreak at breakneck speed :)

Looking forward to getting back into Pats with you next week.

Rest up now because next week will be go go go

8:18 AM  
Blogger miners said...

don't know how CR's little energiser bunny does half the work that you do Tess. Great to see you pulled up well after the hillwork.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

67 your going soft, you must be washed out. Listen to Clairie, C2S will know your coming.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hopefully I can chase you for a little while ;-) I am hoping for sub 70 this year!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Boston said...

I enjoyed reading your posts...

I join you in giving Telstra a serve, too. I had trouble getting my reconnection done recently because they block it.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home